6 Month Progress Photos, Restarting After 6 Years

Tarzan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was worried about my hair loss 7 years ago so went to a clinic and took minoxidil for a year. Then life events happened and I stopped caring. Fast Forward 6 years later and a whole lot of stress caused my hair loss to accelerate. It got so bad that I finally decided to go back to the clinic and this time I'm taking both finasteride and min.

Below are the photos of the progress plus how my hair looked way back when I first worried about my hair loss 7 years ago. The results would look more impressive had I not included how much better my hair looked several years ago but thought it would be good to show how bad my hair loss became after not dealing with it for 6 years. Had I known how good the results would be I would have kept up with it sooner rather then lapse for so long and maybe my hair would be in even better shape then now.

Crown is still thin and weak after 6 months but nowhere near as bad as when I restarted at month 1. Most of the thinning is at the top which has improved the most. Hair line hasn't changed too much, widow peaks are a bit more pronounced compared to 7 years go but otherwise stayed the same throughout the years. Will be going in for month 9 check up soon.

How does the recovery compare with others experience?

TRESSES 2.jpg

BKF

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very good progress. Keep up with it this time. I'm on the same regimen as you but my progress is much slower. I am 50 years old so that may be a major factor. I'm at 10 months now. I did start shedding at about the 6 month mark but seems to be slowing down. Good luck to you.

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
that looks amazing. it's good to know that some people can revive seemingly "dead" follicles nearly a decade later. you have an interesting pattern as well similar to female pattern baldness. also how come the middle shot in each row looks so much thinner than the left?