6.5 month mark on finasteride

asm

Reaction score
As May comes to an end my 7 month on finasteride's approaching!

Positive: obviously my hair thickened. I can take a shower and go without a comb and my hair will still look good even in the light.

Negative: sheds and side effects. At month 4 I had no hair loss at all. During taking shower and combing I counted about 5-6 hairs. But then a shed came. And it's here already for 1.5-2 months. Sometimes it subsides for a few days, but then come back.

I had no physical side effects like gyno, low libido, etc., but some fluctation of mood. And have it still. But probably now it's because of so prolonged shed.

To finish message good... Today after I took a shower I looked at my temples. And found that colourless vellus hair has become terminal! I don't know whether they will grow much, but it's a fact. Well, I'd like to hope so! :) If they happen to grow, it would be great. But this also means I will have sheds again and they are so exhausting.

Support, opinions, etc. are greatly appreciated. :)

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nice work dude, i envy your "getting out of the shower without a comb" that's def not me. :-(

kris50

Reaction score
yeah, nice one!

I seem to have lots of vellus hairs, though I'm sure I had them before. It's just that I'm noticing them more at the moment.

Though they seem to spread quite low down on my forehead and I only can see them in good sunlight. Hmm perhaps this is something else rather than vellus hairs, forehead bumfluff perhaps!! :D

asm

Reaction score
kris50 said:
yeah, nice one!

I seem to have lots of vellus hairs, though I'm sure I had them before. It's just that I'm noticing them more at the moment.

Though they seem to spread quite low down on my forehead and I only can see them in good sunlight. Hmm perhaps this is something else rather than vellus hairs, forehead bumfluff perhaps!! :D

This is how I had it! It were vellus and colourless at the lask checkup about month ago. But now they are pigmented, small, but pigmented. May be yours will turn into color too :)