5th month propecia shedding.

zossima

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've been on rogaine 5% since 2003, but i've started to take propecia in june 2008 because minoxidil wasn't doing it anymore!

so since june 2008 i'm on minoxidil 5% and propecia.

During the first month after beginning propecia i experienced a HUGE shedd, i kept with it knowing that it might be the drug kicking in.

The shedd lasted 3 or 4 weeks, and then stopped and i had allot of regrowth and was happy with my regiment.

But now, at the beginnig of the 5th month on propecia i'm experiencing another shedd and my hair is a little thinner and not so healthy!!

I'm worried... has this ever happened to anyone ? a shedd after 4-6 months on propecia ?? if so what did you do ?

Thanks,
Zossima.

thatdamnsasquatch

Reaction score
Yep. Read some more posts around here. It happens to everyone - including me. I shed big about 6-8 weeks out, then again about 5 month out. I'm now in month 8 and WOW! My hair has never looked better, seriously.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
thatdamnsasquatch said:
Yep. Read some more posts around here. It happens to everyone - including me. I shed big about 6-8 weeks out, then again about 5 month out. I'm now in month 8 and WOW! My hair has never looked better, seriously.

how much did you shed?

zossima

Reaction score
thatdamnsasquatch said:

Happy to hear that...

I got worried beacause i only read about shedding at the beginning of the treatment, couldn't find much about 4-6 month shedding.

thanks for your input :)

zossima

Reaction score
I'm no just shedding...

my hair is thinner and it looks can of wirey, has if grown hairs are being afected by dht!

has this happened to anyone else ??

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Do a number 2 buzz to ease your worries, keep taking the medication. Just keep thinking the finasteride is fighting the DHT... you're better with it. Sounds like your hair cycle is just highly synced right now. Should come back w/i 3 months, and thicker hopefully. How aggressive is your male pattern baldness?

zossima

Reaction score
fromchicago said:
Do a number 2 buzz to ease your worries, keep taking the medication. Just keep thinking the finasteride is fighting the DHT... you're better with it. Sounds like your hair cycle is just highly synced right now. Should come back w/i 3 months, and thicker hopefully. How aggressive is your male pattern baldness?

that seems to best thing to do. I'm gonna stick with it.

I'm between HN 2 and Hn 3 vertex and hair line.

thanks.

How about you?

you've started propecia a month ago, how is it going ?

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
zossima said:
fromchicago said:

that seems to best thing to do. I'm gonna stick with it.

I'm between HN 2 and Hn 3 vertex and hair line.

thanks.

How about you?

you've started propecia a month ago, how is it going ?

I only have about 2 weeks growth on my head so it's hard to say. I don't think I'm shedding and existing hairs seem healthier. Can't really determine if there's ben regrowth or anything, but hair seems to be growing well.