.5mg finasteride eod?

shampooless

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for about 5 weeks now. I did some research on the response curve and saw that .5mg was almost as effecive as 1mg, and a single dose lasts for a few days before DHT levels start rising again, so I decided to try .5mg eod, primarily because it reduces the cost but also because I'm just 18 and wanted to avoid side effects. Well, 5 weeks in and all of my side effects (which were mild) disappeared after the first couple days, so I'd be willing to increase the dose if you guys thought it would be a good idea. Is .5mg eod enough? Does anyone here have experience with that dose?

brian liles

Reaction score
I always wondered that if someone who doesn't get any sides from propecia, does it mean he won't respond to it or that the drug aint working.

shampooless

Reaction score
brian liles said:
I always wondered that if someone who doesn't get any sides from propecia, does it mean he won't respond to it or that the drug aint working.

Can't be, because only 2-20% of people get sides (from the studies I've read) and yet 90% see positive results.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I started finasteride for the first time a year ago at .5mg/day..had sides..quit after a month

About 3 months ago I started taking .25mg every other day ..had sides but not as bad before..the sides went away within 2 or 3 weeks. I bumped up to .25mg every day. Had no problem with sides..stayed on that dose for a month..then bumped to .5mg every day, which is what I currently take..and with no sides (the same dose before gave me pretty bad sides...so i believe this proves that its better for some people to introduce finasteride into their body slowly). If you don't have side effects at .5mg EOD then you'll PROBABLY be fine bumping to .5mg every day...I would stay on .5mg EOD for a couple of months though just to make sure everything is ok and levels out and then bump it up if you want. Just to be safe, if I were you, and if the side effects weren't an issue, I would take .5mg every day just to be sure you're getting the maximum benefit