53 And Using Nutrafol And Nioxin Shampoo

Barb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not a paid advocate or someone who has nothing to do. I am actually posting for other women my age to know that I think Nutrafol is worht a try. I used to have really long, thick hair and in 2001 I colored it myself and instead of buying a highlight kit, I bought a bleaching kit. Needless to say within five minutes, I lost half of my hair mass at the root. There was massive breakage and other that I'd never had. I wish I would have cut it off then. It was never the same, but still was pretty I though and was told. I worked very hard to get it back in shape, but the challenge is that hair grows at different rates and with such tragic hair loss, I went to the dermatologist five times to see if there were underlying factors. It just kept thinning over the years. Last fall, I took medication that was perscribed that wasn't needed, but also was very stressed. My hair was a mess, it was making it's own layers and my hairdressder finally said Barb, we need to cut this off to the shoulder or it's going to keep breaking and look terrible. While I'm very happy with my haircut, I was also using Nioxin shampoo which I LOVE, but it is super drying. I stopped using it about two months ago and noticed a exorbient amount of shedding. I also starrted Nutrafol two months ago and while I have felt thickness on my scalp, it has not affected the rest of my hair so I am now using a repairing shampoo that is $100 and I'm nervous so I'm giong to use Nioxin on my scalp only and the other shampoo on the bulk of my hair. Nioxin shampoo truly helps your hair hold the color and stops massive shedding. Nutrafol I think is helping, but they say use it 6 months before you really know, I even contacted their headquarters with questions. $88 a month is pricey, so I hope it works. I do notice a difference like I said in the growth from the scalp and hairline, but the testimonies of it helping the length thickness-noway, I'm skeptical because your whole head can't be thicker in a month if you have long hair. Doesn't make sense.

So there you have my input and rituals. I'll keep you posted, but I do think Nutrafol is helping, but try full 6 months like they say and don't find yourself without it. As with any product, consistency is key. My main skincare has helped my skin, not Nutrafol. (I use Rodan and Fields Redefine and the Amp MD tool).

Regards,

Barb