50 Days Into 0.5mg finasteride Daily And My Test/estradiol/progesteron Levels Havent Really Changed

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe moderate in a middle aged man but that’s aggressive for a 17 year old, but then again I have always been ahead in terms of development with facial hair and what not, only time will tell.

I'm sorry. To be so young and be plagued with this, that's terrible. I hope for the best for you.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats the question, also as i wrote, my progesteron is apparently way above norm according to lab range
Mind posting proof of your gyno? I started finasteride a little over a month ago and I’ve been terrified of getting gyno because of all the posts on here about it

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind posting proof of your gyno? I started finasteride a little over a month ago and I’ve been terrified of getting gyno because of all the posts on here about it
gyno is about progressio and since i have hair on the chest, id have to upload pics from different angles before and after, cba to do it rn, mb later

still dont know what to do about it. guess ill stick with finasteride eod for a while now

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
50 days is nothing. Hormonal changes take longer than that. Try again at 6 months.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BeHereNow is such a fucken weirdo for disliking any post that portrays finasteride in a negative light to literally anyyyyy degree
yeh, that guy is mentally ill

That was my point.
trust me i have it, question is, what do i do with it now

50 days is nothing. Hormonal changes take longer than that. Try again at 6 months.
there are many people here who also have developed gyno early on, as early as inbetwen 1st-2nd month

try again what? i did hormonal blood test to try to understand where my gyno comes from. my progesteron seems super high, so probably thats the cause of it, need to call up the lab i guess and ask them about their progesteron norm line, since it wasnt entirely clear if im above

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read

They're cumulative. Yes they are. Just like in like the less fortunate 5ar users the rise in estrogen can lead to sub-sequential suppression of T ..over a period of time.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if your T stays high, estradiol 2 goes up slightly and DHT stays low with minimal sides? The Finasteride could be helping even at a low dose? Been on topical for 8 months still shedding but trying to be more optimistic.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had been diffusing mostly at the vertex. I’d say a month into Finasteride I noted my temples shedding and thinning of the forelock. I’d say in the eight months on Finasteride (topical .5 4-6ml daily) my hairline an density have gotten worse with no slow in shedding. Some has to be grownups back or I’d be a Norwood 6 by now at the shed rate.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
Realistically no one knows as it’s dependent on the person, I’ve seen forum posts of people who have had hair loss since 16-17, started finasteride and maintained for 10 years. Personally I’m just hoping for 3-4 years, not expecting much due to my hair loss severity (NW3) at 17 but I’m hopeful

If you get 3 or 4 years (which seems you will) you'll keep going. When I started finasteride I said the same thing..."once I get older I won't care and I can stop taking it" that was 20 years ago. It's very tough to accept that you're ready to go bald, in 4 years your not going to decide it's OK to be bald. I have an incredibly hot wife, kids and a all around good life but I'm still taking it. I haven't decided that I want to be bald.

finasteride might not work for everyone but I think the one gaurentee is if it did save your hair and you stop taking it - you will lose all the hair finasteride saved.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get 3 or 4 years (which seems you will) you'll keep going. When I started finasteride I said the same thing..."once I get older I won't care and I can stop taking it" that was 20 years ago. It's very tough to accept that you're ready to go bald, in 4 years your not going to decide it's OK to be bald. I have an incredibly hot wife, kids and a all around good life but I'm still taking it. I haven't decided that I want to be bald.

finasteride might not work for everyone but I think the one gaurentee is if it did save your hair and you stop taking it - you will lose all the hair finasteride saved.

I can attest to that. I can remember saying in 1996 or 97 that if I could keep most of my hair til 40 I'd be fine letting it go. I'm 44, I still dread balding as much as ever.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I can attest to that. I can remember saying in 1996 or 97 that if I could keep most of my hair til 40 I'd be fine letting it go. I'm 44, I still dread balding as much as ever.

I'm actually finally coming to terms with quitting finasteride and going bald. Have you been in finasteride since 96? If so, you think it's still working. one of the reasons I'm thinking of quitting is because I don't think it's working as well as it used to.