5 Years This Month On Propecia, My Thoughts

Goingbald100

Reaction score
So this month marks 5 years since I took my first pill aged just 19. I was very hesitant, very anxious, very scared after reading about Propecia.I know alot of people browsing this forum will be of a similar mind set. Did I make the right decision?

I would say 1000% yes. Propecia has kept my hair and added alot of new hairs to my current hairline. Even 5 years in I am still seeing new hairs which is the best feeling.

Would I recommend the drug to people considering it? Yes; however please consider the side effects, they are very scary and I do believe the majority of people who say they have had them.

I know this forum can be very negative and people, myself included, can go to a very dark place.

I just want people to know that if they are willing to take the risk then there is a good chance they can continue their lifes with a full head of hair.

If the thing such as the big three is still floating about then I would also recommend the shampoo as well. The minoxidil foam not so much.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this month marks 5 years since I took my first pill aged just 19. I was very hesitant, very anxious, very scared after reading about Propecia.I know alot of people browsing this forum will be of a similar mind set. Did I make the right decision?

I would say 1000% yes. Propecia has kept my hair and added alot of new hairs to my current hairline. Even 5 years in I am still seeing new hairs which is the best feeling.

Would I recommend the drug to people considering it? Yes; however please consider the side effects, they are very scary and I do believe the majority of people who say they have had them.

I know this forum can be very negative and people, myself included, can go to a very dark place.

I just want people to know that if they are willing to take the risk then there is a good chance they can continue their lifes with a full head of hair.

If the thing such as the big three is still floating about then I would also recommend the shampoo as well. The minoxidil foam not so much.
Good to hear this as I also started finasteride at 19 and it was a great decision

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started at just under 18 years old (I've been on it for two and a half years) and I share these same sentiments. Unfortunately it has completely halted and reversed what little beard growth I had, but that's a small price to pay for the peace of mind the drug has given me.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

I still cant believe that, 21 years after Propecia was approve, with all the new knowledge and studied made public on pubmed.gov , there are still ignorant people that use this drug that will deplete your alopregnolone levels ( depression , anxiety, etc ) will deplete your main alpha male hormone ( less sex, weaker orgasm , etc ) and with time will deplete your progesterone levels, increase your estrogen levels to a none sense level and lower your testosterone levels.

Really, if people think that after 21 years , Propecia is the same magic bullet, they are f*****g wrong. DHT is not the enemy, if your f*****g friend, if you want to be a male.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started at just under 18 years old (I've been on it for two and a half years) and I share these same sentiments. Unfortunately it has completely halted and reversed what little beard growth I had, but that's a small price to pay for the peace of mind the drug has given me.
So you think that DHT is just responsible of Bear growth ! Hahahahahahahahahahaha. What about reading :
1) What is the action of DHT in male body ?
2) In how many reactions ( besides T to DHT ) the 5-alpha reductase works ?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky you. I gave another try to finasteride at 15 of July... Every second day of 0.25... oh dear. This drug is poison. Erectial distinction, low libido plus very low mood and more. This is sad even more that most doctors won't operate without this drug.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 years old here, I'm the next one

Sam240

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking Finasteride for 8 months now and libido is pretty much the same. If lower, unoticeably so. A bit high actually. This side effect definitely affects different people at varying degrees. If you don't get side effects, Propecia is worth it to try and maintain hair IMO.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you think that DHT is just responsible of Bear growth ! Hahahahahahahahahahaha. What about reading :
1) What is the action of DHT in male body ?
2) In how many reactions ( besides T to DHT ) the 5-alpha reductase works ?
Even if I die 20 years earlier, it's worth it for my hair at this time in my life. If I had gone bald at 18, I would have never met my fiance, I would have been too discouraged to go to college, I would have turned into a recluse, and I would have been so completely depressed with my situation that I probably would have killed myself by now. Say what you want, but having hair is far more important than just having hair; it affects everything. Finasteride saved me.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

umm its good if it keeps up your hair mate , congrats !!.. but beard growth reversal is a sign you should watch out..

beard growth around 16-18 is a sign of testosterone rising up.. if finasteride completly alters your beard growth it may plays with your ''man'' developpement.. beard, voice deepness, height in mans can change up to 20's +

max310

Established Member
Reaction score

I met your b**ch yesterday. She's kinda FURIOUS!!!.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if I die 20 years earlier, it's worth it for my hair at this time in my life. If I had gone bald at 18, I would have never met my fiance, I would have been too discouraged to go to college, I would have turned into a recluse, and I would have been so completely depressed with my situation that I probably would have killed myself by now. Say what you want, but having hair is far more important than just having hair; it affects everything. Finasteride saved me.
Lol, believe, in 10 years, you will not think it that way. No one, at least smart one, will live 20 years less cause they hair. You are simple to young to understand. Plus, you are talking that you are having the great life ! yes, sure, blocking the stronger male hormone, the one that make you an alpha male, blocking alopregonolone, the one that give you relax, etc, will give you a great life, lol.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Lol, believe, in 10 years, you will not think it that way. No one, at least smart one, will live 20 years less cause they hair. You are simple to young to understand. Plus, you are talking that you are having the great life ! yes, sure, blocking the stronger male hormone, the one that make you an alpha male, blocking alopregonolone, the one that give you relax, etc, will give you a great life, lol.

Alpha male stuff is broscience