5 Years on Propecia & Rogaine (words of encouragement)

Wonko

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

it's been just about 5 years since i started using finasteride & propecia. i'm still hanging in there with virtually no loss since beginning treatment in 2005. recession is still happening, just very very very slowly. over the 5 years i've lost about a quarter inch of what i've grown back, which is pretty good! The picture in my avatar showing a NW2 is still accurate. Most the loss occured in the very front tip of the hairline. (all of 10-15 hairs) At my current pace, I won't be a NW3 for another 25 years :)

if you're out there wondering how long the drugs are going to work, the answer can be "for a very long time." Just hang in there and keep popping your pills. it's not a perfect solution, but neither is letting some butcher cut into the back of your head. if there's anything i've learned from hairloss, it's that everybody worries too much about their hair.

Best,
The Wonko

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for taking the time out to give encouragement to us newbies who are just starting out on the treatment. I think for most of us our greatest fear is that the meds will be ineffective or lose effectiveness very quickly.

And out greatest hope is to be like you, maintain and regrow our hair for years to come.

shuji123

Reaction score
Hey Wonko, thanks for the word of encouragement. Do you go thru periodic sheds with rogaine?

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey shuji123,

How is Folligen working for you? Do you have to wash it off in the morning? Does your scalp turn green like with Hair Signals?

umair

Established Member
Reaction score
What's it age???
Any sexual side effects bothering u nd ur wyf/gf(if u have one :D)