5 Year Post Fut hair transplant 5000 Hairs In South Korea

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I registered a few months ago, but I hadn't gotten around to posting until now. I would like to share my results from an FUT procedure I had in in South Korea in 2014.

I started losing my hair at 24 while I was in the military. Just a few here and there. Nothing that concerned me greatly since I had a full head of thick hair. But once I turned 26, everything went downhill. FAST.

I remember showering and literally clumps of hair would be on the tub floor and in my hands. It was like watching a scary movie, except I couldn't get up and leave. In a period of about a year, I went from full, thick hair that I sometimes wished wouldn't grow so fast so I wouldn't need to get haircuts so often -- to a stand-in for the now-axed ET made-for-TV special.

The doctor recommended I take finasteride, but the side effects dissuaded me.

Losing my hair at such breakneck speeds was traumatizing. I built a collection of Hurley hats so large, I should've considered asking for an affiliate discount.

The hat was my life now. I always had at least two in my car at any given time; three if you count the one on my head; and four to six if you count the ones on my passengers' heads.

Anyways, humor aside, I lost a gigantic part of my self-confidence, and at 27, I started looking into Bosley.

That price? Nope.

I put the hair transplant on the back burner while finishing my degree. After graduating, I moved to South Korea for a change of pace and a new world of opportunities. In January 2014, four months after arriving, I discovered the hair transplant procedures here are 30-40% less expensive than in the states. So I consulted with four different clinics and settled on the one that felt right in my gut. FUT - 5000 hairs - one session.

I spent a great deal of time deciding if FUT was the best choice for me. To save you the trouble and stress, I made a lighthearted video talking about the pros and cons of FUT based on my experience.

Results and Regimen

What you see is results almost five years post-op. At 34 years old, I am supremely satisfied with the results. The scar doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I only had hairs transplanted into the top of my head and hairline. No hairs were transplanted into the crown.

The crown used to be bald, but I've been on Minoxidil for about a year which has given me the growth you see in the picture.

I've been dermarolling the crown area every Friday for almost four months now -- There is very noticeable increase in the crown hair thickness. I didn't have that much thickness pre-dermarolling.

I've been reconsidering finasteride, especially since my wife and I don't plan to have any more kids.

But I doubt I will have another hair transplant procedure. I see a few men fall into the 'hair greed' trap and I'm actively avoiding that.

Thanks for reading guys. Ask me anything.

-DJ

Attachments

• bald collage.jpg
    bald collage.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 2,141

whatintheworld

Reaction score
That's a pretty good result man, enjoy your hair!

Maybe grow it out a little longer if you want the scar concealed a bit more.

Keratin Brotherhood

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for your comment whatin.

I actually tried to grow my hair out longer to conceal the scar in the past. Problem is my crown is pretty thin so it is hard to make it look look natural.

I talk about it in this video.

The TRUTH about Growing your Hair Longer to hide FUT scars

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for your comment whatin.

I actually tried to grow my hair out longer to conceal the scar in the past. Problem is my crown is pretty thin so it is hard to make it look look natural.

I talk about it in this video.

The TRUTH about Growing your Hair Longer to hide FUT scars
looks great dude howbmany grafts do you have left ? Can you do anymore surgery and if you do i say puts some grafts in the crown and little bit in the hairline. Fantastic result my dude. Im supprised you went for a super low hairline. A norwood 1.5-2 would have gave you a more dense look but each to their own. Looks amazing nontheless