5 Weeks On Minoxidil , But Losing Sex Drive/desire/weak Erections/0% Morning Wood.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using kirkland minoxidil 5% foam only 1 application a day ( before bed) with good results, i have diffused thinning and im 20 years old.

But i think i lost ALOT of sex drive and desire to have sex, even thoughts about women ( also 0% morning erections/ morning wood)

but i dont even remember if i had morning wood before using minoxidil, i usually wake up at 10-12pm depending on my work shift, maybe it has an effect idk.

I usually fap everyday but noticed i have weaker erections.

Even if i dont really have sexual desire nowdays, i tried to get an erection and fap only with my imagination and it worked. but im still not sure if i should continue this drug because alot of people are reporting erectile disfunction about minoxidil, yes minoxidil i know.

i will try to be more active and workout more, im fit but ive stopped working out for almost a year now, probably dosent help. but still i had better erections before minoxidil, and i think i had more sex drive and also morning wood.

I can still can fap and reach orgasm without p**rn (it will take more time) but i still have the problems i listed above....

I might workout way more and start to do no fap, maybe it will help, right now i need to take my application of minoxidil ( every 24hours as usualy) but idk if i should take the risk.

if any of you guys share a simillar experience, let me know.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil has literally zero effects on libido, erections ,etc...
Anyone who tells u otherwise is lying. I have not seen a single study where it was even mentioned and altough we do not full understand the mechanisms through which it works, it does not have effects on hormones.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil acts as an anti-androgen. Google scholar it.

The people above me are very wrong. If you decide to go off of it, which I recommend, you need to do a PCT for recovery.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil acts as an anti-androgen. Google scholar it.

The people above me are very wrong. If you decide to go off of it, which I recommend, you need to do a PCT for recovery.
A study from May 2017 on 1 patient:
Topical minoxodil 5% induced male sexual dysfunction
' A literature search did not reveal any case reports on the association between topical minoxidil 5% solution use and erectile dysfunction. '
This is the only scientific case i can find. And the symptoms dissapeared 3 days after discontinuing.
So not only is there extremely little evidence that there is a connection between minoxidil and sexual dysfunction, it was reversed in a couple of days.
Can u now stop bsing that it is anti-androgen u retard. Thanks in advance.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A study from May 2017 on 1 patient:
Topical minoxodil 5% induced male sexual dysfunction
' A literature search did not reveal any case reports on the association between topical minoxidil 5% solution use and erectile dysfunction. '
This is the only scientific case i can find. And the symptoms dissapeared 3 days after discontinuing.
So not only is there extremely little evidence that there is a connection between minoxidil and sexual dysfunction, it was reversed in a couple of days.
Can u now stop bsing that it is anti-androgen u retard. Thanks in advance.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30064598/

You obviously don't understand how to do a simple internet search. Low IQ individual.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 study vs hundreds that dont claim the same. just lol. there are studies that say that eggs are healthy vs hundreds that do the opposite. what should we believe?
It really does not matter, even if minoxidil lowers DHT expression in the scalp, almost none of it gets systemic and it certainly will not affect your systemic DHT levels significantly. But OP, do whatever the fk u wanna do. Ima keep my hair at nw2, gl m8.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 study vs hundreds that dont claim the same. just lol. there are studies that say that eggs are healthy vs hundreds that do the opposite. what should we believe?

Idk much about eggs being unhealthy, but I can put 2 and 2 together. Studies showing anti-androgenic activity and users having sexual sides and crashing indicate a trend. To me, it's obvious. Anything that works for Androgenetic Alopecia thus far effects androgens.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It really does not matter, even if minoxidil lowers DHT expression in the scalp, almost none of it gets systemic and it certainly will not affect your systemic DHT levels significantly. But OP, do whatever the fk u wanna do. Ima keep my hair at nw2, gl m8.
Minoxidil only works by systemic action. This is why you will grow hair everywhere when topically applying it to the scalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 7 weeks into minoxidil and Overall I’d say sex Drive is down, though it fluctuates. Overall though, it definitely feels down from what it was before and this is coming from someone who had no preconceptions about this problem existing. It’s not completely destroying my libido, but I’d say it’s definitely lower recently. I’d like to think it’s just a coincidence or a time in my life where I’m less horny, but I’m honestly pretty certain it’s 100% the minoxidil lowering my sex drive.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah its wierd, but we ,might lose sex drive because we fap too much. ill try no fap to recover all the nuts i lost
I tried no fap. Oddly enough, I wasn’t horny at all during it. It’s only by coincidence I quit 7 days in lol