5% Topical spironolactone in solution form?

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a 5% spironolactone in solution form out there. I know that Dr. Lee has it in the 2% but, it was mentioned here that it isnt as effective as the 5%. The reason I'm asking is because its a big pain in the a** applying his 5% lotion especially since I'm a diffuse thinner and have to apply it to basically my whole scalp ; I get more spironolactone stuck in my hair than on my scalp. :-x CCS Would buying spironolactone tablets, crushing them and mixing them with minoxidil work?

Goingat20

Reaction score
i think cream would be better, even if spironolactone solution was used at 5% i dont think it would be effective. If applying the cream is giving you trouble, after you shower, towel try your hair, then part it and apply the cream, when scalp is wet it is applied easily.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
apparently the liquid isn't a good vehicle for the spironolactone to reach the hair follicle, whereas the cream is.

WilliamHung

Reaction score
Ive been using the liquid 5% from that site for a week now, only applied at night. Still too early to see a difference, but the smell is hell and you would have to shampoo every morning. I will keep the board updated with my results