5 Stages Of Balding Grief. Sociology 101.

Shawna

My Regimen
Reaction score
Newby...... Which stage are you in?

So, at my Big Ten (think basketball not football) sophomore sociology class, there are 5 distinct stages of
grief as outlined by Dr. Elisabeth Kubler Ross.

Denial: Please tell me this stage doesnt last more than 5 years, because im at year two

Anger Yes. This is either covert or overt. I presume the covert does the most hardcore damage?

Bargaining I am not sure this stage actually belongs with balding grief

Depression yes, however, its much much better to be in anger phase than depression phase, i sure as hell hope

Acceptance Presumably, anyone on this forum has no intention of ever accepting baldness.

Shawna

My Regimen
Reaction score
upload_2017-10-19_15-34-34.jpeg

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, Still on meds = Still bargaining, life commitment here
Acceptance, f*** that, sounds like surrender
Between Anger and Depression, not sure which one comes first, maybe both together, both are as destructive.

And denial, well if you're stuck for 5 years in this phase and you have an agressive hair loss, you're pretty much fucked.This is the most given advice to everyone posting their early baldness around here.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I was told that I look like a 35 year old (I went to my barber early this month). The more my hairline gets fucked, the more decades older I look, lol.
No way in hell that I'm accepting this sh*t in my early 20s.
I I ever reach NW5/6 I'm raping my scalp with dermaroller with no regrets.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yesterday I was told that I look like a 35 year old (I went to my barber early this month). The more my hairline gets fucked, the more decades older I look, lol.
Dermmaroler is a glorified cope.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

that's the spirit!

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I am on bargaining since I am still trying to maintain my hair with meds and I am trying to save up for a transplant. I will never accept baldness. I will wear a rug if that's what it comes down to.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This stages do not work for hair loss for young men in 21st century.
this 1969 medicine has expired in this challenging superficial era.
Constant views and comments of people around you is more than enough to put person in reverse gear.

Social setup of 2017 is different than 1969.

Needs new model...

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
This stages do not work for hair loss for young men in 21st century.
this 1969 medicine has expired in this challenging superficial era.
Constant views and comments of people around you is more than enough to put person in reverse gear.

Social setup of 2017 is different than 1969.

Needs new model...
I agree. Plus, hairloss is no "once in a lifetime" even that allows you to elaborate the grief. It lasts a whole lifetime of attempts to slow it, so how can you ever elaborate it as grief?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying to go for acceptance.

I'm certainly not angry because I made it to 30 looking okay in the hair department.

Probably in the bargaining stage but I don't think anger will come - it will result in fighting it or acceptance.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a prolonged experience for those like myself who have made it to 30 as having the illusion of hair and "lucky" enough in comparison to an 18 year old NW4, hit by baldness in 2 short years.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a prolonged experience for those like myself who have made it to 30 as having the illusion of hair and "lucky" enough in comparison to an 18 year old NW4, hit by baldness in 2 short years.

How bad are you Rudiger?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's bad. Are you a yank?

Sorry no it's not that bad, I just get really confused as to how my hair looks and what stage I'm at. Minimum NW2 diffuse, maybe NW3, obviously I've taken pictures etc to try and match up what I am but I still don't get it. I often write NW2.5.

I think on Tuesday I was shocked by just how sh*t my hair looked, this morning for example I look mature hairline decently dense. Sick of analysing it.

I'm Irish.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know where I am... I feel like I'm shuttling between "bargaining" and "depression".

BARGAINING: I sometimes feel I should hang on to finasteride for another full year (I'm already through 19 months) and hope to see some thickening of vellus/near-vellus hair so that I can keep a hairline... even if it is just 0.5mm length all over my head.

DEPRESSION: Self-explanatory. I Can't seem to reach "acceptance" however. And I really want to. I know I've lost the ability to be "happy" at an animal level.... I just want to be able to get out of bed a little easier... I want to make life less bad for people who love me..

blackg

Reaction score
Trying to go for acceptance.

I'm certainly not angry because I made it to 30 looking okay in the hair department.

Probably in the bargaining stage but I don't think anger will come - it will result in fighting it or acceptance.
Anger will come the moment you lose all that Vietnamese poon.