5 mths after hair transplant

G

Congrats! How many grafts did you have done? Strip or FUE? Who was your Doctor? Thanks for your willingness to put up pics. :hairy:

teacherz

Reaction score
only 1600 strip....but its made a huge difference so far..if someone can tell me how to up some photos would be appreciated

was done in australia by jennifer martinick

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Martinick is a great physician.

Probably the easiest way to put up photos is to upload them to a free hosting site like http://www.photobucket.com. Then all you have to do is input the image url it gives you into your post.

Reaction score
She seems to place hairs with the best of them. I just wish she could do reasonably sized sessions.

I dont want lots of scars.

G

Well you chose a good doctor. Just ask Damo. Research pays off! Will look forward to your pics. You've got more growth coming. :hairy:

pete24

Reaction score
im three months in and ive just started to see a lot of small hairs coming through in the graft site...had 1000 grafts placed by dr rogers. in march.

the hairs look very small (about 5mm) and thin at the moment. what will thye look like in 6 months??

Plus i seem to be going through a sheddng phase with my original hairs.

thinking of using avodart??

any thoughts?

G

teacherz,

Amazing growth at 5 months man! Just wait until you get one year behind you. We all would love to see more of your pics as your progress too. Ther's still more comin' teacherz! :hairy:

pete24,

You will have more growth coming in and the hairs will get longer and fatter. Glad to hear that things are going on par for you. Did you first try Propecia (finasteride) without any resolve? If so, definitely ask your Doctor about dutasteride and it usually comes in the form of Avodart. I'm sure you realize that the dutasteride products were not developed for treating male pattern baldness even though it has some success in blocking both types of DHT. You'll never know until you try it, but always talk to your doctor first as we are just lay people here. Good luck to you and hang in there!

teacherz

Reaction score
yeh ive been on proscar off and on for a few years..been a couple of mths..guess i will go back to it..been lazy to get to the chemist here..

G

teacherz,

Well I hope the meds work for you but remember my friend, you have to take them as directed to have full efficacy. Whenever any male patient tells me that he has not had good results with finasteride, I immediately ask him if he is taking it as directed. You would be amazed at the responses I get.

The guys who do take Propecia or cut Proscar and take it consistently typically have the best results with it. The same goes for other meds like minoxidil. But like any other medication, consult your doctor and best wishes to you. :wink:

david33992003

Reaction score
'im three months in and ive just started to see a lot of small hairs coming through in the graft site...had 1000 grafts placed by dr rogers. in march.'

Pete 24

Hi. I'm due to see Dr Rogers for 1000 grafts in August. Were you pleased with everything during the procedure and afterwards? Any views you have would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

pete24

Reaction score
david33992003 said:
'im three months in and ive just started to see a lot of small hairs coming through in the graft site...had 1000 grafts placed by dr rogers. in march.'

Pete 24

Hi. I'm due to see Dr Rogers for 1000 grafts in August. Were you pleased with everything during the procedure and afterwards? Any views you have would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

well i am only three months post op, so the jury is still out on the result.

With regards to the procedure...yes, it was better than expected.
Injection hurts, but its only for a few minutes. Dr Rogers is a nice guy, very chatty and he puts you at ease.

Post op, i was sore on thescar site but the receiving site was not even itchy. Scabs lasted about 3-4 weeks luckily I stil had enough hair to mask this. i was back to work within a week. No one noticed.

i am hoping my result comes out as well as the guy on his video.(who also had 1000 grafts.)

Good luck.

teacherz

Reaction score
gillenator said:
teacherz,

Well I hope the meds work for you but remember my friend, you have to take them as directed to have full efficacy. Whenever any male patient tells me that he has not had good results with finasteride, I immediately ask him if he is taking it as directed. You would be amazed at the responses I get.

The guys who do take Propecia or cut Proscar and take it consistently typically have the best results with it. The same goes for other meds like minoxidil. But like any other medication, consult your doctor and best wishes to you. :wink:

yeh i know i had to be on proscar for a couple of mths prior to hair transplant and it certainly helped..

G

I bet it helped with potential shockloss. Best wishes again with the meds my friend! Keep us in the loop. :wink:

pete24

Reaction score
im coming up to 5 months post op now from trt with dr. rogers, and i can see lots of small fine hairs, but they dont seem to be doing much.

At the moment I cant help but feel disappointed. Its hard to visualise what the hairs will look like but I was hoping for more at this stage.

Must admit I am not usign the MSM as much as I should.