5 Months straight of Shedding (due to minoxidil?)

Firebid

Reaction score
After 5 months of using rogaine on my hairline, I continue to shed lots of hairs from all over my scalp. The shedding began a couple weeks after using minoxidil and it hasn't stopped yet, 5 months! Is this normal? The recession has gotten so much worse.. Would Propecia slow down or stop the shedding, making the minoxidil work better? or is this a negative reaction to the rogaine? I'm almost 19 and easily an NW3

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Im going through the same, im 18, I dont know if I should quit minoxidil... I have a dermatologist appointment in 2 weeks and ill ask, maybe we just dont respond well to it.

Firebid

Reaction score
Are you on propecia? Im contemplating going on it but I just can't work up the courage to try it, the side effects just outweigh the benefits.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I would be reluctant to encourage you guys to consider propecia at your age. We may or may not experience sides regardless of our age however the risk for your age group may be higher and the damage potentially irreversible. I doubt a "competent" physician would prescribe it to you anyway.:doctor: If you can put it off until you are at least 21 then do so.This advice is generally accepted protocol. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Rogaine or any minoxidil. based topical can sometimes take a year to produce results.:whistle: Stick it out longer and stick to it consistently. Also look into introducing nizoral to your treatment plan. Keep asking questions and always put your health first. All The best fellows!

Firebid

Reaction score
I would be reluctant to encourage you guys to consider propecia at your age. We may or may not experience sides regardless of our age however the risk for your age group may be higher and the damage potentially irreversible. I doubt a "competent" physician would prescribe it to you anyway.:doctor: If you can put it off until you are at least 21 then do so.This advice is generally accepted protocol. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Rogaine or any minoxidil. based topical can sometimes take a year to produce results.:whistle: Stick it out longer and stick to it consistently. Also look into introducing nizoral to your treatment plan. Keep asking questions and always put your health first. All The best fellows!

Thanks for the reply! My doctor who is a great friend of my family prescribed Propecia to me, I just haven't actually taken it to a pharmacy, my paranoia gets the best of me sometimes. My priorities are working out and getting into shape, not possibly ruining my sex life and getting gyno (that would be a nightmare), but saving my hair would be a bonus.

heisenberg

Reaction score
I would hop on propecia as soon as possible.. after 3 years when you finally are 21 you may already be bald!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Potential risks abound in either scenario. Only he can weigh in on the risk/ reward ratio.