5 Months On dutasteride - Amazing Results (before After Pics)

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using minoxidil 1 year
switched from finasteride to dutasteride 8 months in, honestly did not know how much better my hair was until comparing pictures just now.

image1.png

JonnyGo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you had good results even with fina or after adding duta?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you had good results even with fina or after adding duta?

Its hard to say I have taken pictures regularly, the odd thing is I never really compare them. I have noticed a texture change to my hair, shedding has completely stopped, and lots and lots of white hairs to the point they join to my eyebrows all since starting dutasteride.

On finasteride I cant say I noticed any real improvement I think I got an initial improvement from consistent use of minoxidil, but change just sneaks up on you.

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
grats.

have you been losing hair on the sides of your scalp as well? hard to tell from the lighting in the pics

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
grats.

have you been losing hair on the sides of your scalp as well? hard to tell from the lighting in the pics

Most definitely I used to blame the hair on the top initially for not being able to style my hair the way I used too in my teenage years, I later realised the issue was thinning sides, far worse then I initially realised. The first picture is particularly bad/harsh lighting.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any sides??

I think so, I had bad brain fog 1 day that has since not returned, I defo had mild sexual sides first few weeks that I no longer notice, but with this kind of drug you just have to take each day as it comes, 5 months more anything could happen. all in all I fell pretty good, slight weight gain but I have not trained for 8 months due to back injury.

dupapls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most definitely I used to blame the hair on the top initially for not being able to style my hair the way I used too in my teenage years, I later realised the issue was thinning sides, far worse then I initially realised. The first picture is particularly bad/harsh lighting.

did you get regrowth on sides with finasteride or dutasteride? are you diffuse thinning all over the scalp then (including back), with some frontal recession? i've got what seems to be diffuse unpatterned alopecia (dupa) and this type of loss typically doesn't respond well to anti androgens, so your regrowth is definitely impressive.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you experience shedding? I'm 3 months on DUTA and still shedding like crazy
Yes a lot of shedding, they were thinner then the majority of my hairs significantly thinner I remember being concerned I still shed but each time the quality and colour of my hairs seems to improve, I have this blended with a bit of hairline traction alopecia from my hippy days.

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes a lot of shedding, they were thinner then the majority of my hairs significantly thinner I remember being concerned I still shed but each time the quality and colour of my hairs seems to improve, I have this blended with a bit of hairline traction alopecia from my hippy days.

Can you give us an update on your progress? I love encouraging stories like this with all the neg reviews on dutasteride. People never post the success.

I just switched from finasteride to dutasteride after 4 successful years on finasteride. Im 32 and wanted to take one last shot with something a little stronger and supplementing with minoxidil and PRP

Slotback67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man your hairline looks awesome.

Odd question: have you noticed a decrease in semen quality or quantity. One of my docs told me it could reduce it significantly (he’s just a regular Doctor not a derm, and on finasteride I am fine)

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_0023.jpeg

Little update think its holding out well maybe feels a little weaker on the crown but looks good, I am not completely convinced my hair issues were entirely male pattern baldness.