5 months into foam, need advice

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm NW2 to 2.5. I've used foam twice daily with 1.25 finasteride and nizoral 3 times weekly, doesn't seem like it is working. I have shed like crazy for the 1st few months. But shedding has sort of stopped or at least much less hair fall.

Overall my hair has thinned, hairline moved back and temples moved back as well. Hair is much worse off before starting my big 3.

But I do get vellus hair at temples over the NW1 line.

Should I continue with foam? I keep reading in the forums that foam had destroyed many people's hairline in this forum and in HLH. I was thinking of switching over to Dr Lee's PPG free minoxidil and one with retin-a. Also considering folligen.

:( help?

amsch

Reaction score
I'd suggest to stop the foam on the hairline and switch to another liquid version, like dr. lee's, which is fast drying and less greasy. :)

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
amsch said:
I'd suggest to stop the foam on the hairline and switch to another liquid version, like dr. lee's, which is fast drying and less greasy. :)

I also have read foam gives the worst shed but comes back much more stronger but takes much longer than liquid to rebound. Man, I don't know what to do :(

thanks for the advice tho

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it may look like foam is hurting your hairline when in reality it is just the male pattern baldness progressing naturally. i am also losing ground 1.5 months into foam on the hairline. i am hoping i will either regrow this shed, or i will stabilize and the foam will help maintain. my feeling is without foam i would have lost this hair anyway, so might as well try - i will give it 12 months no matter what.