5 months dermarolling and minoxidil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy_Elvis

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been doing the weekly rolling with a 1·5mm dermaroller and then minoxidil every day. My hair definitely got thicker after about 6 weeks but it seems like I am back to starting baseline again. Also the rolling is hurting like hell now dispite using lidocaine gel. Time go give up?

Billy

Sparky4444

Reaction score
6 weeks?? Try 12 minimum

- - - Updated - - -

oops, check that...you're at 5 months...

that's pretty telling

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been doing the weekly rolling with a 1·5mm dermaroller and then minoxidil every day. My hair definitely got thicker after about 6 weeks but it seems like I am back to starting baseline again. Also the rolling is hurting like hell now dispite using lidocaine gel. Time go give up?

Billy

Billy can you answer me this, do you know if your scalp skin got thinner or maybe you lost the fat under the skin? Like if you would say that your skull is more pressed to the skin.

I also did notice a dramatic increase in pain after 3 months or so, I do think the fibrosis dissapears and we get new skin which is more sensative. So your hair is back to being thin, is that right?

Youcandoit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Billy

Try adding msm and vitamin c maybe, or dropping minoxidil

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been dermarolling for 5 months as well... not much to rave about.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Even though I'm DR'ing my temples, I mainly focused on my vertex and back, to at least hang there even though it's pretty diffuse anyways...

...I really don't think there should be high expectations with the frontal area...realistically if this doesn't help boost matters for the vertex then it's over

Billy_Elvis

Reaction score
I am only focusing on my crown. I don't think my scalp skin feels thinner or closer to my skull. My hair in that area has been looking a bit thicker then worse then better then worse but overall I think it continues to get thinner. I might add something else in but I already use many shampoos (nizoral, alpecian, nisim, retiva) and use minomuck in my minoxidil. I also use Nizoral cream and Skinoren cream (20% azelaic acid) and take vits and mins. My regime costs me a lot in time and money and I am still getting balder than my brothers who don't use anything except cheapo shampoo and eat junk food.

Status
Not open for further replies.