5 month shed

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
Is thIs normal I've been shedding fr 5 and a half months my hairline hasn't really receded from before however I am diffusing everywhere and shedding everywhere I'm even loosing hair from my sideburns

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
No treatment, I know that a certain even triggered the hairloss because it started al3 months after it and before that my hair was healthy however now my whole head seems to be loosing hair especially on the top the hair has gone brown and dry an I'm shedding so much for the last 5 months

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
jay12345 said:
No treatment, I know that a certain even triggered the hairloss because it started al3 months after it and before that my hair was healthy however now my whole head seems to be loosing hair especially on the top the hair has gone brown and dry an I'm shedding so much for the last 5 months

No, I doubt it.

Events rarely trigger hair loss. Telogen Effluvium is rare. You should see a dermatologist. Chances are, you are experiencing the beginning of male pattern baldness, and you're in denial about it.

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been to the docs he said it doesn't look like male pattern baldness I'm just shedding hair from everywhere. Everyone in my family has fine hair

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
if you are this website posting about hair loss and you are a male then the general conclusion it that you have androgenetic and or diffuse alopecia. Why else join a hair loss forum? most doctors don't recognise alopecia until you are norwood 7.

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
antman said:
if you are this website posting about hair loss and you are a male then the general conclusion it that you have androgenetic and or diffuse alopecia. Why else join a hair loss forum? most doctors don't recognise alopecia until you are norwood 7.[/]

I'm joining a hairloss forum so I could have fun and skip in joy :whistle:

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Losing hair from your sideburn/ear area is not uncommon with diffuse thinning. You should see a dermatologist before it's too late. Everyone wants to believe that it's something temporary, but it's generally not.

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
the thing is there is no baldness in my family both my grandads have more hair then me.MY HAIR WENT FROM FINE TO INCREDIBLY THIN IN 3 MONTHS CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT HAIRLOSS IS GRADUAL

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
quick update nearly 6 months probably lost around 60 percent of my hair in the last 6 months , seem to be shedding much more from the sides of my head and at the back just above the neck

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
im at my wits end im loosing hair from everywhere right now my grandad and dad have 3 times the amount i have has anyone ever experienced this before full head of hair to 50 percent loss in 6months

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
The last week my shedding has decrease by alot no longer seeing shed loads of hair when washing etc also seeing new hair growing in on hairline and can feel regrowth on top of scalp

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
Visit a doctor,i am not sure this is male pattern baldness... :thumbdown2:

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know it's just to fast and too sudden and happening diffusely in a weird pattern I don't think it's a coincidence that 3 months before the hairloss started I had an episode where all the muscles in my body shut down to the extent I couldn't move.I think this caused it as 2 weeks after this my hair when limp correlating with the Catagen stage and 3 months later hairloss in the end of telogen stage.

jay121

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair shedding has slowed down again get no hairs on pillow or hats get around5-10 hairs intotal when I brush my hair throughout the day. Itching has stopped and the funky residue is clearing up it's been like this for nearlt a monthmonth where two days in-between I had a sudden shed.Been good for the last 15 days.but have too see if it will last

berserker69

Reaction score
Looking back I am pretty sure I have been shedding for 3 months or more actually....

I too have lost hair on my sideburns area....

It's like i had such gradual mild recession for years, even using a bunch of steroids, but then turning 26 and wham....

I've been using min and nizoral all this time....

Going onto finasteride and staying on it.....

brsrkr69