5 month propecia/minoxidil review

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, its been 5 months on my hair loss prevention treatment and Im sure a few of you would like to hear of my results, particularily the newbies who are still unsure of the effects of propecia and minoxidil.

To make this post an easy read, Im going to list my old and current doses and the reason for the changes.

Treatment for my diffuse thinning:

Sept 2003: 1 mg propecia everyday
2 ml Minoxidil/ 2 x daily, mixed by my pharmacist and is
not "greasy"
2000 mg MSM
Nizirol shampoo/ 1 time daily

Currently: .5 mg propecia Monday/Wednesday/Friday
1 ml Minoxidil/ 1 x daily

As you could tell, I dropped MSM and Nizirol as I felt that they werent really doing much in helping battle hairloss. My scalp is already healthy and the Nizirol made my hair feel brittle. The MSM is just garbage in my opinion, as it apparantly only helps grow hair faster but whats the point of that, if there is no hair there in the first place?

I also lowered my doses of Minoxidil and Propecia and the reason for that was simply because I was a very good responder to these medications and I caught my hair loss early, so the results were great. I wanted to use as little of these drugs as possible while still noticing their effect on my hair.

My hairline has improved BIG TIME. I had a very bad, half quarter sized piece of scalp revealing itself through the few hairs that stuck around on my left temple. The hair diffusion went from my temples and like an inverted "V" ended at the tip of my head. My hair loss got so bad, so fast, that I started getting wise cracks from close friends.

5 months later and with NO side effects, (other than bad acne on my back, that I still attribute to propecia, although others will disagree), my hair has grown back noticably thicker. What always makes me feel better is when people tell you that your hair looks great even when you never asked for an opinion. Nothing can make my day better, as for me, those compliments are proof that the drugs work and they work well!

I am eagerly awaiting what the next few months of treatmnet will bring, even if it doesnt get any better than this, I feel my experience is still a success. Good luck to everyone.

G

Nice results. You may want to find at least one anti inflammatory shampoo to stick in there.

new-here

Reaction score
great news congrats, and keep us posted ..

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have some pictures that I'll be putting up, once i get a scanner. It should be just a few weeks. i know people just dont believe some claims until there are some photographs. :roll:

The difference really is amazing.

Bruce, Im still using an antidandruff shampoo, but its just a little less harsh on my hair than Nizirol was. Good luck to you as well.