5 month check with derm

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to the Derm today for my 5 month update and ask me if the pill is working. Well I told him so far I'm no seeing any results since it will probably take 6-12 months to see the results and going to the shedding phase. He informed me that he has never heard of anybody shedding from propecia and in back of my mind I was wondering is he for real or did he past his medical exam. Then he told me I should stop finasteride because I probably have Telogen Effluvium not male pattern baldness , to wait 6 months and If still shedding to come back to do some blood test. The irony about is why didn't he tell me to take the test first before prescribing me the medication, it seems like this derm
is in for the money and sometimes I wonder how some doctors received a license to practice medicine.

bald30

Reaction score
I have experience a lot of Dr. D u m b a s s in the past before and your right sometimes i wonder how they pass the test. But I know for sure most of them are in for the money want make you come back or reschedule every couple of months when you have to wait an hour because they schedule 10 people on the same time as you and only take the doctor a couple minutes then write you a prescription then you leave.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Ginner I have read that thread in the past but you can easily tell if you have Telogen Effluvium because you will shed tremendously all over different parts of your hair in the head so I dont think his assestment was correct. Anyways I'm getting a second opinion from a different derm next week.