.5 mg every other day....

ugh

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about going back to finasteride after suffering horrible libido problems with dutasteride. I had awesome success with dutasteride but now after six months my libido is back and so is Mr. Hairloss....sucks.

The reason I ask about the every other day bit is because some members say that skipping days "upsets the delicate hormonal balance" is this true? Can anyone elaborate on this? Also where are you guys getting your finasteride these days?

Britannia

Reaction score
Listen... Dutasteride, 0.5mg Finasteride daily, 2mg Finasteride daily, 1mg Finasteride every other day....

Asking for trouble and side effects. The best treatment for hairloss is 1MG FINASTERIDE DAILY (Propecia or Finpecia), this is PROVEN and approved by the FDfuckingA. 86% success rate, 2% chance of side effects. The End.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
ugh said:
So I've been thinking about going back to finasteride after suffering horrible libido problems with dutasteride. I had awesome success with dutasteride but now after six months my libido is back and so is Mr. Hairloss....sucks.

The reason I ask about the every other day bit is because some members say that skipping days "upsets the delicate hormonal balance" is this true? Can anyone elaborate on this? Also where are you guys getting your finasteride these days?

It's hard for me to believe that guys are ordering dutasteride and self-medicating. Guys, what could be more dangerous than using a product, without the supervision of a doctor, that screws with the hormones that define your identity as a male? Dutasteride is not indicated yet for male pattern baldness, and may never be. You're playing doctor, prescribing an off-label use of a powerful drug for yourself, without knowing the long-term effects. Maybe they're aren't any...maybe there are...but you as a layman are not qualified to determine either way. Would surely suck to look back on things....just because you're too lazy and/or afraid to go a doctor.

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for medication that's indicated for male pattern baldness - use it as directed by your doctor. Discuss with your doctor the side effects you experience from said medication. Decide together if a smaller, less frequent dose is an option. Feel happy.