5 days on finasteride

jayman33

Reaction score
well on the 5th day of finasteride my buddy has checked out :( . was only able to achieve half an erection today and didn"t last long at that. I REALLY HOPE THIS IS A TEMPERARY THING :?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am on finasteride for about the same amout of days as you....the second day or 3rd day i had the same as you, but then it was back to normal...dont worry man~I also reduced the dosage to around .25

bubka

Reaction score
geez, i wonder if there is a correlation between a guy who worries and worries about taking a pill, asks as many questions as possible about sides, and then just happens to experience them...

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on it for a week and no problems yet. Hopefully it remains so.

jayman33

Reaction score
im not backing off of it, i know that 98% of men tollerate it very well. i want to keep my hair! just for the record, the wood is fine today

r1989

Reaction score
bubka said:
geez, i wonder if there is a correlation between a guy who worries and worries about taking a pill, asks as many questions as possible about sides, and then just happens to experience them...

well what are the odds! :roll:

r1989

Reaction score
SyberCoda said:
Hi JayMan33,

Did you read the 177 reviews on Propecia at http://www.askapatient.com/viewratings.asp?drug=20788&name=PROPECIA&sort=Timelength before deciding to take propecia. I'm was considering it myself but after viewing those reviews I'm scared out of it. What is your opinion on this and given the high percentage of negative reviews at AskAPatient.com do you think that the Side Effects in patients taking Propecia is greater than 1%.

usually people only leave feedback if its negative. that's probably why there's so many.

SyberCoda

Reaction score
That's true. Anyone who is experiencing anything positive from Propecia has nothing to complain about and is thus less likely to make the effort to tell the whole world about how well it worked. But you get one guy who experiences something negative about it and he wants to tell everyone. Thanks

G

It's probably because you read too many posts on here. Seriously, the number is like 3-4%. That's one in 30 people. If you went by stats on here you'd think that 70% of people who try it get sides.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:

There is a correlation: It's called the placebo effect. This is why when I was paranoid about sh1t, I wanted to know exactly what the symptoms were, so I could KNOW 100% I did not have them. In a way, I was more scared of what the placebo effect could have on me.

That said, sides CAN still happen to anybody, even though it's a very small percentage. It does seem like alot more on these forums, because most people who don't get results say nothing, most people who do get results don't come back, and most people who get sides post 50 threads each. Then there are those people who are paranoid (like me) who make a lot of threads too.

edit: i saw your thread called "4 days on finasteride". This is what i mean.

Just make a thread called "my finasteride progress" and post your daily findings on it. keeps everythign neater that way and everybody hates new threads that are essentially the same as the old ones anyway.

bubka

Reaction score
SyberCoda said:
Hi JayMan33,

Did you read the 177 reviews on Propecia at http://www.askapatient.com/viewratings.asp?drug=20788&name=PROPECIA&sort=Timelength before deciding to take propecia. I'm was considering it myself but after viewing those reviews I'm scared out of it. What is your opinion on this and given the high percentage of negative reviews at AskAPatient.com do you think that the Side Effects in patients taking Propecia is greater than 1%.
and internet review is not even scientific, sides are less the 3% PERIOD

only whining *** titty babies are going to complain about their sides, while the majority could care less because why would they if its working, like it does for the vast majority without sides...

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
only whining *** titty babies are going to complain about their sides, while the majority could care less because why would they if its working, like it does for the vast majority without sides...

that's just tight. people who complain about their sides are unfortunate enough without you calilng them whining *** titty babies.

put yourself in their shoes. what if next week, you suddenly got all those sides you heard about? don't tell me you wouldn't feel upset about them.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Every few months or so, a new poster comes around, gets up his post count and the nerve to question the side effects... some far more politely than others. So what either Jay or Bubka are saying isn't completely new. And it's always based on the erroneous assumption that their experiences must 100 percent mirror, or center around, everyone's... like a messianic complex, or something.

I don't think anyone questions there are some initial side effects in almost all who take finasteride. And for many people these sides gradually diminish over time. But we're talking about the people for whom these sides never disappear. These are the people who are most sensitive to the effects of finasteride. I'd rather have people discussing how to control/handle the sides rather than the insistence they don't exist.

But here's my little Jerry Seinfeld rant. I would really like to know: who are these people who put so much faith in the pharmaceutical companies? The pharmaceuticals who would fight on a case-by-case basis, rather than to admit the harmfulness of any drug, like Vioxx, for instance. (BTW, Vioxx had an initial advertised potential for side effects of 8 percent, or less than 1 in 10. But the risks, at the time, were thought to outweigh the benefits. And then new studies were forced upon Merck, and eventually increased those risks to almost half.) And who are these people who believe so strongly in the FDA as a reputable institution. The same FDA who accepts money from the large pharmaceutical manufactures to license these "independent" studies. And then there are the doctors, wined and dined by the pharmaceuticals, and targeted by marketing hunters to insure the most scripts are written for their drug.

What's really scary is the amount of people thinking medications can intelligently target one symptom. Like somehow finasteride will only focus on growing hair, and leave our other organs alone. And then there's a contingent thinking: the more of some drug you take, the greater its effect. Or again, thinking and believing every person will react similarly to similar medications. Even a doctor will consider the interaction between other medications being taken, at least, if he's a good doctor.

For a small instance, someone here right now could be taking orotic acid, aspartic acid, or grapefruit/orange juice with their finasteride every morning. And unbeknownst to them, it could increase the absorption and transport of finasteride enough to put their symptoms into another class. And anyone who's ever searched on the symptoms of finasteride, knows how proportional side effects are to dosage. Just search on 'finasteride' and 'gynecomastia,' for instance, and tell me you don't find reputable studies. Or how about 'finasteride' and 'erectile dysfunction,' there are several studies centered around this one too.

This is why I will always try to recommend lowering dosage to maximize results and minimize sides. Dosages as low as .2mg, combine with other hairloss treatments, are enough to keep hairloss at bay. And just be thankful that doses 1mg or higher daily haven't f'd you over.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BEHMESH said:
Would it be better if I take 0.5 instead of 1 mg?
only if u have continuous sides from 1mg.

i personally think the number of people who get permanent sides from finasteride is higher than 2%. at the same time, it's worth saying finasteride and dutasteride are by far the most effective known and common things for hair loss at the moment.

BEHMESH

Established Member
Reaction score
By permanent do you mean the sides lasting as long as you are on finasteride or even lasting after you have stopped it?

G

BEHMESH said:
By permanent do you mean the sides lasting as long as you are on finasteride or even lasting after you have stopped it?

as long as you are on it.