5% Alternatives Besides Rogaine? Would Like To Switch

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started out using Kirkland foam exclusively for like a year and a half, initially responded well but then it was losing effectiveness. I think the problem was too much foam was getting stuck in my hair as opposed to penetrating the skin.

I then switched to rogaine foam in the evening and liquid in the morning, to get better absorption. I've been on this for like the past year but, one problem I'm having is extreme flaking of my skin. If I take a comb and run through the areas where I applied the minoxidil, I'll get tons of flakes all over my sink.

Is there any minoxidil alternative you guys know of that doesn't have this severe flaking issue?

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why not make the switch to a low dosage of oral minoxidil? I mean... you obviously can tolerate whatever minoxidil has to offer (pros and cons) -- I see no need to smear that greasy junk all over your head (everyday to boot) when you can easily just pop a pill and go on about your day.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Worried about long term oral minoxidil usage, would prefer to stay topical. It is a big pain in the *** but what can you do, such is life.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand.. it's probably the alcohol burning your head/scalp (aka chemical burn). You could probably get it compounded with a different vehicle (say Trichosol) but it's going to cost a lot more than your standard Kirkland minoxidil