hopewas

Reaction score
jblig said:
sorry to hear about your friend......
Bush had a vendetta against Saddam for trying to kill his pops....he was just waiting for something like 9/11 to happen so he could go into Iraq...yes its all about the money......the same people who b**ch about bush and the war are also the same hipocrits driving around in gas guzzling SUVs, they want cheap gas now, and create this demand for foreign oil.....and the young men who join for college money are most likely duped by recruiters, who lead them to believe it would be a breeze and also tell them stuff like "we probly wont even go to war while your serving", for alot of people its the best option....

uh the real reason the gas price is going up is because the dollar is worth sh*t in other countries now. the price to buy their money with a dollar costs more..which means that it costs the u.s. more to buy gas. which means they have to raise the price of gas

Redbone

Reaction score
I disagree about the dollar I read the papers and it is still in the average rating, point is we will pay whatever they charge for gas and they know it. As usual the rich ride around in there lather clad SUV's as the poor guy suffers again.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
or that oil production is in a decline...

hopewas

Reaction score
Redbone said:
I disagree about the dollar I read the papers and it is still in the average rating, point is we will pay whatever they charge for gas and they know it. As usual the rich ride around in there lather clad SUV's as the poor guy suffers again.

the dollar is worth way less than it used to be. especially in europe. in europe they now use euros. and a u.s. dollar is worth 70 cents there to buy. i just remembered why i hate talking poltics and such

Axon

Reaction score
Well, I don't know how we can be expected to compete with the Euro, but yeah, U.S. dollar is worth around .75 cents or whatever.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hopewas actually hit on the right reason why oil prices were up, but kinda got lost in the detailed explanation. Here's my stab at it... OPEC denominates its oil sales in dollars. Because the dollar is so weak right now, OPEC has to raise prices in order to make up for the fact that a dollar's worth of oil sales now is only worth, for example, 20 Saudi Riyals whereas a dollar's worth of oil sales when the dollar was strong would be worth, say, 30 Saudi Riyals. In effect, the weak dollar is screwing the Saudi's out of 10 Riyals per transaction.

Get it? The nations sell the oil in dollars, but the dollars they are receiving aren't worth as much in the global market. So, they raise the price to adjust for the difference.

hopewas

Reaction score
i used to live in europe and a dollar used to be worth 1.30. now it's worth seventy something cents to buy. that's how drastic it changed since "the war on terrorism"

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
well, we still need to reduce foreign dependancy on oil!!!! Oh yeah you mean to tell mean that if haliburton the oil company that got contracted to take over oil in Iraq, which essentially and eventually means distribution here, that gas prices wouldnt go down. They cannot continue to rise, domestic auto makers would flounder.......

Redbone

Reaction score
f*** oil, I will be coming out with my own version of the hydrogen car very very soon and all the oil grubbing nations can waste away in hell.