G

Thank you for the ones that took this thread seriously and with respect.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
My condolences.

hopewas

Reaction score
i'm sorry your friend died. but anyone who joins the military especially at a time of war is a f*****g moron. i understand joining the military to defend your country if we're being attacked, but people are fooled to think they're being patriotic when what they're really doing is fighting for the powerful or rich to stay powerful and rich. a long time ago...college kids were exempted from the draft. only rich people went to college back in the day. nowadays if there were a draft people in college wouldn't be excluded because the poor go to college now. it's a bunch of brainwashing..it's ok to kill for your country but not kill in your country because a certain person in power says so. we'll the people we're attacking are being told the same thing by their powerful and are fooled to thinking they're being patriotic for fighting for their country. it's stupid. whatever though. i'm sorry about your friend. i have friends in the military in iraq right now as well. they joined the military to get money for college,..now they say they're fucked..all of my friends there say they're sick of fighting and dieing for those fucks when they don't even appreciate them for doing so. they're getting rocks thrown at them by little kids and are getting spit on and they're not allowed to do anything..don't get me started on your praying remark and religion..religion started this whole mess.. it's because of religion that these stupid wars start. all brainwashed fucks

Redbone

Reaction score
YG try and seek some counciling if you could- that is very hard to handle, though hope is crude about it I think he is right that young man died in vain as they all do, fighting someone else's war. He probably had a lot to live for more than fighting some low life towel heads in a city we cant even pronounce- its a f*****g disgrace. At least he died with honor fighting alongside his platoon buddies. Why the f*** are we there fighting a bunch of uncivilized barbarians who have not morals? Let them have there country to themselves and if they act up again we should carpet bomb them into oblivion.

Young your getting a taste of what Vietnam was like, only on a much smaller scale, and when those soldiers got home they got no respect. At least our soldiers in Iraq are regarded as hero's.

hopewas

Reaction score
the sad thing is that the u.s. now has to stay there and can't pull out and abandon it because the minute they do. it'll be taken over by those terrorists and they'll regroup and be pissed at us and it'll lead to bigger plans to attack people who attacked them in the first place

Redbone

Reaction score
What a f*****g mess- We (the Governenmt) was all gung ho when we were marching in their last March kicking *** but Duh they forgot to make a plan as to what to do with the country and its new government. There are so many unanswered issues its not even funny - for instance where the hell is all that oil going??? That country should be one of the richiest in the world and they have dirt, where the f*** is the black gold? Billions of gallons.

The poor will always die for the rich-

The Gardener

Reaction score
hopewas said:
i'm sorry your friend died. but anyone who joins the military especially at a time of war is a f*****g moron.

Some people like it, just like some people like being firemen. Some people just get a hard on when running into burning buildings. Same for many people who join the army, maybe they enjoy soldiering. That does not necessarily make them morons?

i understand joining the military to defend your country if we're being attacked, but people are fooled to think they're being patriotic when what they're really doing is fighting for the powerful or rich to stay powerful and rich.

I agree. Nowadays our wars are more about wall street and less about main street.

a long time ago...college kids were exempted from the draft. only rich people went to college back in the day. nowadays if there were a draft people in college wouldn't be excluded because the poor go to college now.

You have bad information. College deferment was proposed, but NOT allowed in Vietnam. Even people in college got drafted and went to 'Nam, my dad did.

I have friends in the military in iraq right now as well. they joined the military to get money for college,..now they say they're fucked

Now, here are the REAL idiots of this story. Maybe they should have joined the Boy Scouts instead. What did they think the "Military" is, a f*****g ATM machine? Do they live in a cave and not pay attention to current events? Our military has been active, shooting people and getting shot at for the past 20 years in various places across the world. Did they think that this was a different "military" than the one they thought they were joining? Or, did they think that Somalia was just something that happened in a movie?

..all of my friends there say they're sick of fighting and dieing for those fucks when they don't even appreciate them for doing so. they're getting rocks thrown at them by little kids and are getting spit on and they're not allowed to do anything

Well boo hoo hoo.. too f*****g bad for them. They need to shut up and take it like men. Like I said, maybe they should have joined the Boy Scouts, or perhaps a good knitting club? It is not a soldier's job to "be appreciated" by the people they are occupying. It is their job to take territory, maintain territory, and maintain order. This means a lot of not being seen like mister nice guy. Comes with the job. Write those friends of yours and tell them to suck it up and quit whining. They are going to get their precious college money in the end, so they can keep their mouths shut and do their job like the rest of them over there have been doing very well. And I do believe that they are doing well, the US military has been breathtakingly successful about as professional as it comes. It's their leadership that appears to be bungling everything, but that is just my opinion.

..don't get me started on your praying remark and religion..religion started this whole mess.. it's because of religion that these stupid wars start. all brainwashed fucks
]

I don't necessarily think so. Personally, I think that money is the root of all evil.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Redbone said:
What a f*****g mess- We (the Governenmt) was all gung ho when we were marching in their last March kicking *** but Duh they forgot to make a plan as to what to do with the country and its new government. There are so many unanswered issues its not even funny - for instance where the hell is all that oil going??? That country should be one of the richiest in the world and they have dirt, where the f*** is the black gold? Billions of gallons.

Exactly. They tried to do this whole Iraq thing on the cheap and now they got their asses burned and are taking the whole country's reputation down with them if they don't get their act together quickly. The Army initially wanted 250,000 troops to do this thing and they barely gave them over a 100,000. It's a fact, no matter how they try to spin it. If an executive at my company ever took a gamble and made a fuckup the size of this they would have fired his *** on the spot. If I were Donald Trump coming in to assess the situation, I would call the leadership into my boardroom... Bush, Cheney, Myers, Abizaid, and Bremer, get your asses in here right now. Guess what? You're fired, you're fired, you're fired, you're fired, and you're fired. Then I would immediately install as Interim Iraqi President the only man I know is capable of doing the job, Saddam Hussein. Of course we'd have to 're-educate' him a bit and put him through charm school, but he sure does know how to run a dusty, mob-ridden nation... and I'm sure that the US oil cronies behind this mess can find a way to work with him.

Redbone

Reaction score
Here here I like your style.......

I don't want to belittle anyone but what the hell ever happend to the dogs of war? Gardner is right soldiers are payed to fight and kill and be killed. That is the job which they sign up for. What happend to the George Pattens, Audey Murphy's, Douglas Macarthurs and Rambo's of the American Service. It has unfortunately gotten soft and what should we expect they are taking young kids who are used to playing video games, drinking and more or less being young and throwing them in a no holds barred country with middle aged savages. These kids are freaking out- you would have thought that Vietnam would have changed the militaries views on training. The united states needs to foucus on better training, how can we expect to be a workable force when one day a kid is drinking and partying and the next he in some strange land getting his *** shot off. Who the hell ever came up with the concept of Reservist and sending National Guardsmen to war in the first place. We need more fulltime servicemen who are trained to fight-

G

Some of you are seriously screwed!

It´s the armys job to protect and to say that it´s moronic to sign up to join the army is just stupid and disrespectful.

I´m sad for your loss friend.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
It's sad. All the more since him and most of his mates are fighting there because they have to, not because they deeply believe in the wisdom of this war. How many of them still think this war is a good idea?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
now everyone knows why bush is an idiot. sending soldiers to iraq and what is the results ? did he found the weapons of mass destructions yet ? :evil:

sorry for your friend, and you should blame bush for all this

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry for your friend :cry:
I do have more to say regarding some of the posts here, but i think its wrong to discuss politics in this topic.

hopewas

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
hopewas said:
i'm sorry your friend died. but anyone who joins the military especially at a time of war is a f*****g moron.

Some people like it, just like some people like being firemen. Some people just get a hard on when running into burning buildings. Same for many people who join the army, maybe they enjoy soldiering. That does not necessarily make them morons?

i understand joining the military to defend your country if we're being attacked, but people are fooled to think they're being patriotic when what they're really doing is fighting for the powerful or rich to stay powerful and rich.

I agree. Nowadays our wars are more about wall street and less about main street.

[quote:5cc26] a long time ago...college kids were exempted from the draft. only rich people went to college back in the day. nowadays if there were a draft people in college wouldn't be excluded because the poor go to college now.

You have bad information. College deferment was proposed, but NOT allowed in Vietnam. Even people in college got drafted and went to 'Nam, my dad did.

I have friends in the military in iraq right now as well. they joined the military to get money for college,..now they say they're fucked

Now, here are the REAL idiots of this story. Maybe they should have joined the Boy Scouts instead. What did they think the "Military" is, a f*****g ATM machine? Do they live in a cave and not pay attention to current events? Our military has been active, shooting people and getting shot at for the past 20 years in various places across the world. Did they think that this was a different "military" than the one they thought they were joining? Or, did they think that Somalia was just something that happened in a movie?

..all of my friends there say they're sick of fighting and dieing for those fucks when they don't even appreciate them for doing so. they're getting rocks thrown at them by little kids and are getting spit on and they're not allowed to do anything

Well boo hoo hoo.. too f*****g bad for them. They need to shut up and take it like men. Like I said, maybe they should have joined the Boy Scouts, or perhaps a good knitting club? It is not a soldier's job to "be appreciated" by the people they are occupying. It is their job to take territory, maintain territory, and maintain order. This means a lot of not being seen like mister nice guy. Comes with the job. Write those friends of yours and tell them to suck it up and quit whining. They are going to get their precious college money in the end, so they can keep their mouths shut and do their job like the rest of them over there have been doing very well. And I do believe that they are doing well, the US military has been breathtakingly successful about as professional as it comes. It's their leadership that appears to be bungling everything, but that is just my opinion.

..don't get me started on your praying remark and religion..religion started this whole mess.. it's because of religion that these stupid wars start. all brainwashed fucks
]

I don't necessarily think so. Personally, I think that money is the root of all evil.[/quote:5cc26]

you have no f*****g clue what you're talking about and you say this sh*t like you do. for one. the majority of people who join the military do it to get money to pay for college. ever see those military commercials? ever wonder why the military goes to colleges and high schools and pitch this to them? i've been approached numerous times, and had been givin brochures by them telling me how they'd pay up to 40000 dollars tuition, etc.. two. my friends joined before this war sh*t happened. no one who joins expects to go to a war. do you think anyone wanted to go to vietnam? maybe 5 %. and i hate to break it to you, but a lot of soldiers don't want to be there now. do you actually think they do? don't be stupid. it's all over the news,..how they're sick of being there. about the college remark. most college kids back then were exempt. those how went had desk jobs. they didn't fight. note..like i said. this was before poor were able to go to college. try reading what i wrote next time. most wars were caused due to different beliefs due to religion. especially this war. they hate israel. we help israel. they hate us. what you typed is your opinion. a stupid one though if i say so because you have no idea what you're talking about. and for the guy who mentioned, where's are the pattons, etc.. patton was an a**h**. he was so arrogant that he tried to beat the british general at certain places..risking the lives of his soldiers so he can get the fame. watch the patton movie. he was a dick. cause many unneccesary deaths just so he could be famous. and who's remembered..not the soldiers..that dickhead. if he didn't rush to try to beat the british general 100s of soldiers in his command would have been alive...but he wanted the fame. that's why they canned him and called him a madman.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you guys should continue this debate with P.M messages. I'm sure YoungGuy created this topic to honour the memory of his friend not belittle the job that he died for.

My condolences man. Its tough losing a friend, especially one that was so young. One of my buddies died at a construction site when I was 15. It's difficult thing to have to go through but i'm sure your friends all feel the same way as you and it's easier having people to grieve with.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am deeply sorry for your loss :(

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your friend......
Bush had a vendetta against Saddam for trying to kill his pops....he was just waiting for something like 9/11 to happen so he could go into Iraq...yes its all about the money......the same people who b**ch about bush and the war are also the same hipocrits driving around in gas guzzling SUVs, they want cheap gas now, and create this demand for foreign oil.....and the young men who join for college money are most likely duped by recruiters, who lead them to believe it would be a breeze and also tell them stuff like "we probly wont even go to war while your serving", for alot of people its the best option....

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss youngguy.

Bush had a vendetta against Saddam for trying to kill his pops....he was just waiting for something like 9/11 to happen so he could go into Iraq.

Kinda what I was thinking. The #1 goal should be going after bin laden and terrorism and Bush conveniently decides to invade Iraq when they've done nothing to us.