s.a.f

Reaction score
Re: 20 year old, FUE good idea?

Well firstly I'd mention to you that concealers such as nanogen are generally better than dermatch. Even though thats improvement is on a temporary basis.

Secondly being only 20 and having quite accelerated loss (for that age) does not bode well. Especially if you're on Propecia and its not stopping things. If you were to opt for FUE you'd almost certainly spend the next 10 yrs going back for regular 'top up' surgeries until your donor was totally depleted.

If I were you I would keep on the finasteride and hope it works to halt the loss. Otherwise have you tried the buzz look?

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

holy sh*t didnt you just have amazing hair a couple months back? i remember your thread in the Concealers Section, what happen? im really curious

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

your hair is pretty similar to mine.. i've lost a bit more than you, but i'm 30.

Honestly, your head shape is awesome.. and when you are buzzed all the way down it looks like you have zero hairloss. Your hairline is still quite low.

Either buzz it for now, and have it a bit longer with some concealer.. might want to try toppik instead of dermamatch.

Wait on the hair transplant until at LEAST 25.. if not later.. see how much you can hold on to..

IBM

Reaction score

You said you got lazy with finasteride. What do you mean by that? When you start to take finasteride, when you stopped and when you came back?

Could you detail please.

s.a.f

Reaction score

losinghairsux said:
Thanks man, I just hope i'll keep what I have with propecia, and then in a few years when I have the money and I know more about my loss, ill get a hair transplant. How come you like Toppik more than dermmatch? Reason why I never tried Toppik is because I'm afraid that if a girl runs her hands through my hair she'll notice. Also heard Toppik sucks in rain or when you're sweating. Dermmatch even stays on when I swim. To get it off I have to use shampoo.

Nanogen is like a much better version of Toppik, It does'nt come off in your hands and generally has none of the problems associated with Toppik. The problem I found with Dermatch is that it stains pillows ect and it looks chalky especially in direct sunlight.

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Never tried nanogen.. is it really better?

When i first used toppik when i was around 23.. it worked wonders. I only had slight thinning.. so no fibers came off.. not on the pillow.. girls could run their hands through my hair and nothing would happen.

Today, the story is very different. I have very see through hair in the front, so the toppik actually falls on the scalp as well as binding to the hair.. and it will now come off on a girls hands.. i have to be very very careful and its a huge pain.

I will try nanogen, but i don't undesrtand why it would be any different.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Remember less is more dont overdo it.

Petchsky

Reaction score

I've used all three concealers and nanogen is the one I found to be the best, looks fine when wet, I didn't worry about rain, and I can apply it with hair product in and pull of a wet look. Experimentation you see, dermatch is good, but to messy and chalky for me.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Yes, if in doubt always go for a lighter shade rather than a darker one.

underdog85

Reaction score

I'm a young guy who's losing his hair line too. I know it really sucks BUT you should be happy that you look good with a shaved head. I'm sure you do better with it buzzed or even sly than with the thinning hair. Realistically, I think you probably look like you'll have more confidence and swagger in the future if you decide to keep it short or shaved. I still have trouble seeing what I look like with a shaved head. I don't trust others positive opinions just cause I'm having a hard time adjusting myself and I don't know if they're being truthful. Just remember that if the big 3 don't work you can always just shave it off and look pimp. Its harder to do that with a big donor scar though!

meccs

Reaction score

Ok old post but I need to know what DermMatch color you used losinghairsux. I seems I have the same color as you (black) but I don't know if the dark brown or the black one would be best.