44 Yo. Where Do I Begin? Take A Look At These Photos

howdynyc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I am 44 and would like to consider a hair transplant.
I live in NYC.
I have tried minoxidil and propecia on and off for the last two decades and results have been so so. Took my self off of propecia for side effects and found that minoxidil was super irritating.
I recently ordered topical finasteride and minoxidil in glycerin, but haven't started using it.
The photos attached are me off of medications.
What are your thoughts?
Advice for next steps....
Traveling is not an issue for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6264.jpeg
    IMG_6264.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_6265.jpeg
    IMG_6265.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_6267 2.jpeg
    IMG_6267 2.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_6270 2.jpeg
    IMG_6270 2.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_6272.jpeg
    IMG_6272.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6269.jpeg
    IMG_6269.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 344

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell what your donor is like. But you've definitely lost a lot up top.

You really need to go to a consultation with a top clinic and see where you stand. If you have above average donor - you may be a good candidate. If your donor isn't great, you have to ask yourself whether you want to pay money, put yourself through a transplant and consequent 12 months, but still look thin/balding on top - and that's if the procedure is a success.

Do you currently use hair fibres ? Judging by your pics, you'd get amazing results - of course temporary though.

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried hair fibres such as Toppik? I think it would make a huge difference. If you don't want to go down the artificial route then I'd definitely look at Turkey for a transplant. The donor area on the back looks solid from that photo so think you'd be a good candidate.