4329 Grafts- Fue - Asmed - Dr. Koray - 13.3.19

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you man. This phase sucks, which is why we are both using supplements etc. However, I suspect that because Minoxidil is new to you, there may well be some shedding of weaker hair cause by the topical application, which may not grow back without continuing usage. You stated above that 'hair from donor area is strong, not weak' which is correct, however there is always a chance that some of them will not 'take' well and these may be the ones to shed. There is never such a thing as 100% of grafts growing fully, but Minoxidil should definitely help rather than hinder.
I would consider staying on it for a few months even well after the ugly duckling phase.

That is interesting. how does minoxidil cause the shedding? because of the rubbing? now i'm on it for 20 days, maybe i'll stop, given the things you are saying. i'm not planing applying it longer.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a known side effect of most FDA approved treatments such as Finasteride and Minoxidil, although not experienced by every user.
It is to do with the hair grow cycle being synchronised such that more of the hair enter the resting phase at the same time, so one may see excessive shedding compared to a normal day before the treatment started. The idea is soon they all grow back and out of sync again, and eventually stronger and thicker (not always the case).
Your post transplant ugly duckling phase also happens for the same reason, as the scalp experiences trauma and brings the hair cycles in sync. I'm not entirely sure what the addition of Minoxidil does to the cycle, but arguably as your cycle is already synchronised by the transplant procedure, this may not happen with the introduction of Minoxidil. However, to get the most out of topical Minoxidil you should really expect to stay on it for a longer period. I certainly wouldn't stop now that you have started.
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that there are some clinics who recommend their patients to use minoxidil after hair transplant, so it cant be that bad.
see here: https://www.hairestorationetwork.co...ransplanted-hair/?tab=comments#comment-502106

As i said the point of me using minoxidil is to accelerate growth so the new hair will start sprouting sooner. my regimen include propecia, biotin, saw palmetto and vitamin. it's solid. I really can't commit for a long time use of minoxidil :)

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

2 months update.

Most of the hair has shedded. from a far the temples look empty and sick. But closer look I can see a lot of new hairs (look closely at the pics)

It's a bit early for growth, maybe because all the supplements I take, maybe not.
IMG-20190513-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20190513-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20190513-WA0029.jpg IMG-20190513-WA0031.jpg

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

it's 3 months mark! (almost 2 days left)

There is a major improvement from month 2.

The hair is still not dense enough of course but I'm only at 3 months, so I have a lot of growth time left.

The photos I upload here are focused at the temples, so you can judge the growth, but I'm not going like this outside. I'm wearing it down so it looks much better than the pics I upload here (I attached a pic with the hair down).

the middle of the hairline growth is falling behind the temples, dunno why, I hope it will catch up soon.

Still continue with the regime.

what do you think of the growth rate so far?
IMG-20190611-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20190611-WA0013.jpg

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad for 3-months, and between now and month 5 you should see much more significant improvement.

amillionsame

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dayum. You look like you're responding very well to everything. I didn't take as high quality pics at those stages but I'm quite sure I didn't have as many hairs sprouting at that point. I wonder what the density you were quoted was? I should go back through my paperwork and find out, I have no clue. Looking good for 3 months though and it's just going to get better.

Suzana was the coordinator I got also, I liked that she was straightforward and responsive. Very helpful.

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dayum. You look like you're responding very well to everything. I didn't take as high quality pics at those stages but I'm quite sure I didn't have as many hairs sprouting at that point. I wonder what the density you were quoted was? I should go back through my paperwork and find out, I have no clue. Looking good for 3 months though and it's just going to get better.

Suzana was the coordinator I got also, I liked that she was straightforward and responsive. Very helpful.

Hey, i think erdogan told me the density was 48cm2 but i got 4000+ just on the temples, i think its just general estimation, he cant really tell.. he is doing it by hand after all

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks, for this stage it is good so far. hope things will go as planned :)

The donor area healed completely after 20 days. I did a hair cut to myself so it is a little bit uneven, but here is a pic
20190618_235657.jpg

rorschach4586

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks, for this stage it is good so far. hope things will go as planned :)

The donor area healed completely after 20 days. I did a hair cut to myself so it is a little bit uneven, but here is a picView attachment 121570

It's almost fully recovered bro. I have been watching some before-after pictures from ASMED, and to be honest, it seem to be a clinic where you get pretty natural results (the best I have seen so far). Yours seem to be going the same way. Keep progressing :)

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI everyone,

It's been* almost 4 months (-2 days) - Update time!
The hair continues to grow and thicken. Yesterday I did my first hair cut, almost 1-2MM on the side and back. no trace of the hair transplant procedure: no redness, no scars, no shock loss (I have 2*scars there, but they are from*childhood). I'm very happy with the donor area state.

After the new hair cut, the native hair and the transplanted hair blend in better and more smoothly. The density is far from good, but for this stage (4 months) I'm happy, I have 7 more months of growth.

Now I'm limited to a certain hairstyle - comb downwards. I can't style it backward yet, due to lack of density - it's just doesn't look good yet. hopefully, in a few months, it will be possible.

When I look at my pics before the hair transplant and now - I just can't believe it! a dream comes true. no other way to describe it.

What do you guys think?
2121.jpg
1212.jpg
3333.jpg
444.jpg

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that from my 4 months pics you guys got the wrong impression. when the hair is down it looks pretty good but when it is combed up it looks sick & very low density. here is a pic with fluorescent light and a flash so you can see clearly the low density:
12222.jpg

TemplesRunner

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 months update:

I will post a comb up pics from now on because you can see the density better that way. comb down looks great, that's how I go out every day.

Density is not good generally, and I still can't style my hair in a comb up, it looks bad. especially when my native hair is dense so I can compare the native hair vs the transplanted hair.

In the middle of the hairline, the density is lower in comparison to sides of the hairline.

I really hope things will improve greatly because I am not happy with the result so far (I know I have 5 more months of growth but still, I'm a bit worried, since there was not a big difference from month 4 to 5)
fb824b42-ea83-49bf-a864-64901d921cae.jpg 3b105b4e-3eff-4095-929c-daaf190a23f0.jpg 23c2e6d1-1e79-4ab5-94b0-0abcab7329c6.jpg 755ebc67-68ce-414a-b2a6-66a7a321f5b2.jpg 638a22cc-12eb-4c82-b22c-ae21d3c0d70e.jpg d8ab4f38-99f1-4ef8-a77b-38f7cdfa3efc.jpg 8f605d94-a1a5-4650-8ffe-6ca6aec3d588.jpg 9a48a701-0f0f-4ba2-bb1f-7cd011ea15a2.jpg ba26420e-3aa5-4e54-9e25-b5a83227c874.jpg f04da967-ed23-48ad-b6b8-58ea8b21758b.jpg e2bd3e16-8e26-497e-8ff2-fba551f7869c.jpg

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
scalp tattoo for perceived density, like it or not the thinning look is much of a contrast factor between scalp color and hair color.
Anyway, your result is great.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
5 months update:

I will post a comb up pics from now on because you can see the density better that way. comb down looks great, that's how I go out every day.

Density is not good generally, and I still can't style my hair in a comb up, it looks bad. especially when my native hair is dense so I can compare the native hair vs the transplanted hair.

In the middle of the hairline, the density is lower in comparison to sides of the hairline.

I really hope things will improve greatly because I am not happy with the result so far (I know I have 5 more months of growth but still, I'm a bit worried, since there was not a big difference from month 4 to 5)
View attachment 126128 View attachment 126118 View attachment 126121 View attachment 126123 View attachment 126122 View attachment 126125 View attachment 126119 View attachment 126120 View attachment 126124 View attachment 126127 View attachment 126126

Hi, can you please post an update ?! I am sure ur result will be great ! :)