4000 Grafts Dr Tayfun - Gethair Istanbul 5 Months Post Op

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
so heres a few pictures of my progress so far (theres a bald area at the back of my head which unfortunately was ignored!) now 5 months post op so approx 2 months of growth. Is there much more to be expected or are all the implanted follicles now through the skin surface?

2 pics of the pics are 5 days post op, one from Feb 7th 2018 and the other today May 26th 2018

Ive read the most growth happens 6-8 months so fingers crossed, not massively impressed with the coverage so far (even though I clearly have more hair than what i previously had)

Attachments

• december29.jpg
    december29.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 621
  • december292.jpg
    december292.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 603
  • Feb 7th.jpg
    Feb 7th.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_20180526_141924.jpg
    IMG_20180526_141924.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 658

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people will require more than one transplant before they get the result they want so it maybe that you will need to go again. What is your donor like? Have you got a few thousand grafts spare?

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people will require more than one transplant before they get the result they want so it maybe that you will need to go again. What is your donor like? Have you got a few thousand grafts spare?

It normally looks quite thick.but I recently have it a 10mm cut and I think it looks patchy this short

Only really concerned now about the back area for transplant from the front it looks very good and thick
IMG_20180529_054131.jpg
IMG_20180529_053954.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_054107.jpg
    IMG_20180529_054107.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 357

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its still early days so i wouldn't worry too much you will have a better idea around the 6-8 month mark. You look to have plenty of donor left so you are in a good place really. The first 4 months are the worse!

timnoise999

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks i definitely have more hair than i did before the op so atleast something so far, i agree too soon since March 23rd was officially when the follicles should start growing again

Do you know anything about going out in strong sunlight? I was told at the clinic not to go in strong sunlight as it would turn my scalp purple. Not sure if they meant just in the first 2 weeks of healing they didnt really mention a time scale. I am going to Italy in September where it "should" be very sunny and hot, a bit worried about getting a purple scalp but by then I will be just over 8 months post op?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks i definitely have more hair than i did before the op so atleast something so far, i agree too soon since March 23rd was officially when the follicles should start growing again

Do you know anything about going out in strong sunlight? I was told at the clinic not to go in strong sunlight as it would turn my scalp purple. Not sure if they meant just in the first 2 weeks of healing they didnt really mention a time scale. I am going to Italy in September where it "should" be very sunny and hot, a bit worried about getting a purple scalp but by then I will be just over 8 months post op?
After 8 months you will be fine in sunlight, i suppose that they just don't want you to burn your scalp. I stayed indoors for the first two weeks and my scalp still went purple. Aleo vera would sort that out anyway so not an issue.

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
My doctor told me that being in the sun for the first few months would not necessarily be be harmful to the surgery, but could cause extreme irritation since we basically have our strongest deterrent, our skin, still healing from surgery. He said imagine a crack in a window and spraying water on it and having it leak inside. Then imagine that liquid is actually harmful ultraviolet radiation and it is infiltrating our skulls. So he said to wear a cap outside for a few months until there was no issue of healing.