4 years on Finasteride, maintained (no pics)

CCS

Reaction score
I don't remember if it was a full four years. I got some oral finasteride suspension in a liquid when I first started out. Did that for a while, then maybe stopped. Not sure. But I know I was taking Proscar 1.25 mg for 3 years.

I've had grafts to lower my hairline and build my temples, but none in the thinning areas, except a few hundred from bosley back in 2003.

My driver's license has a pic of me before all this. I have other pics that are top view. And I look in the mirror, and don't see any gaps between my grafts and my native hair. And looking in the areas where I had hair before, I still have just as much hair there today. I've obscessed over my hair for years, wet and dry, so I know it is the same.

Finasteride did darken my hair. People have commented on it. I don't think I had any major gaines though.

When I switched to dutasteride for a while, I thought I had a shed in front. Now I think my hair just looked lost because my hairline was lowered, and I was not used to seeing such a large area of thin grafts. My forehead used to be very big, and now is covered. So that so the thin grafts go quite a ways back.

My other success store is that with Dermmatch, I can't even tell that I'm thinning when I look really close. Well, I can see my scalp, but it is shaddowed and does not stand out. That is up close when I'm looking for it. From a ways back, I look like I have a dense head of hair in front.

I'm currently trying to beef up my regimen, but with stuff I can maintain, and not have greese in my hair. Some I'm adding stuff to my shampoo. I'll report later what that does. My frontal tuff is then when wet, so that is what I'll be watching. Maybe it is thinner than before, but I don't know. It was thin before and the bosley Doctor told me it was going to die.

CCS

Reaction score
and no side effects at all, on finasteride or dutasteride.

I got my finasteride from my doctor, and the dutasteride from the internet overseas.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great to hear things are going well and your maintaining well.

Just to say also your myspace site is really superb for hair info!

Cheers,

Nick

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
yes its good to hear. Congratulations!

CCS, how is it going with the RU?

antonio666

Reaction score
ccs,

dermatch is not a sucsess story ,it is a cover up ,much like a wig,although i do admire you for getting a transplant,how is the transplant looking,not to good if you have to use dermatch?

CCS

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
ccs,

dermatch is not a sucsess story ,it is a cover up ,much like a wig,although i do admire you for getting a transplant,how is the transplant looking,not to good if you have to use dermatch?

It looks better from far away, in dimmer lighting.

how thin does that look? That is in the shade.

You can see I'm a hunch back too.

CCS

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
ccs,

it is still sitting in my freezer. Never opened it except to ship some two two guys. damn paypal.

CCS

Reaction score
damn, I look so much better when I am not smiling.