4 years on finasteride and Rogaine [NEWEST pics page 14, May 12 '12]

Hair.worth.it

Reaction score
Congratulations on that one, man! Your hair looks absolutely amazing!

Oh and btw, cool blonde moustache, keep it!

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Raw I hope you're well. Can you PM me? It says your inbox is full :) I have something to ask ya!

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Ugh. Currently going through the mother of all sheds :-(. It usually happens 2 times a year or so...but I feel like this time it's worse. I think it's starting to slow down, though, so hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel! I compared to the pics I took 3 years ago, and it looks about the same, so hopefully I haven't lost too much ground.

Got cast in the movie "Jayhawkers", which takes place in 1957....so I'm going to have to get a "high and tight" haircut like this (no, this isn't me, it's just a reference photo
militaryhaircut.jpg

Soooo....ya. I'm kinda nervous about getting my hair cut THAT short. I bought some toppik, just in case. I'll be sure to upload a picture of it when I get it all chopped off :-(

Also, new movie...except this one isn't a funny one. It's pretty serious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QXud6ArKUA&hd=1

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I think the horrible shed had slowed down and gone back to about "normal". It's hard to tell, because my hair is still pretty long, so the hair in the tub catch seems like a bunch, but it could just be because it's longer. Oh well. I've also decided to give the Rogain Liquid a try. I've always used foam, but I feel like it's harder to apply when I have longer hair. I think that 50% of it is getting on the hair itself, and not making its way to the scalp. I'm also going to make a really concerted effort to do it 2x a day. I've been slacking off recently on the Rogaine...mostly because I was afraid I was getting "minoxidil eyes", but I discovered that the eye bags and discoloration just run in the family :-(

Hair Pics:
I was on a shoot for a short film in Kansas City 2 weekends ago. The "behind the scenes" photographer gave me his card and said that he was looking for more local male models. Never done anything like it before, but I had a test shoot last night. Here's a b/w shot of my "good side" (left)
U6jqb.jpg

Hair looks pretty boss there! But....damnit, my right side isn't as strong :-/ It also doesn't help that my hair is longer right now, and the "faux hawk" look doesn't work as well when it's long.
LuTjo.jpg

Right now I'm REALLY hoping that the new "hairloss cream" they're talking about hits the market in the next 2 years. I've held on to this hair for a long time, and I'd be just about slick bald on top if I hadn't jumped on finasteride and minoxidil....but it's a losing battle that gets tiresome sometimes :-/

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Judging by those pics your hair looks in good nick (no pun intended), certainly hard to tell you're even losing it. Is it the Rogaine that is getting on your tits? The pain of having to apply it every day, twice a day?

My hair line is similar to yours, probably a little more receded, but not to the point were I thought I would need minoxidil so I just went with finasteride and nizoral, I just know I wouldn't stick it out, having to apply it to your scalp twice a day for the rest of my life, I'd have no problems if I noticed my hair was getting worse, but, albeit from this minor shed I'm going through, finasteride has helped me alot, considering the fact my hairline looks better now than it did this time last year, also considering I didn't start finasteride until February of this year.

What do you think is helping more, finasteride or minoxidil?

P.S Awesome, video, had me intrigued from start to finish.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Just got another picture from the photoshoot. Notice how on the earlier picture the right side of my hairline is more pronounced? Damn....how I wish my entire hairline looked this straight from the front!
xgcUq.jpg

stjudemirage

Reaction score
ur so goodlooking:) newbie here., can i ask u something? did u went through the shedding stage after taking finasteride?. thanks

Fanjeera

Reaction score
No change in ejaculating and semen? No change in nocturnal erection frequency? Doesn't your penis feel numb or light or like rubber?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
My penis doesn't feel numb or rubbery.

I think perhaps the consistency is more "watery" than it was, but I've had my sperm motility tested, and it's in the normal range. Then again...how much did I REALLY pay attention to the consistency of my jizz before I started taking finasteride? Not much. Just jerk it and forget it!!

Same goes for nocturnal erections. I still get them, but I really can't measure them against anything else because I never really paid a whole lot of attention to them before. I still get them fairly regularly.

YES, I went through a shed after starting finasteride. It was bad enough that I almost quit, but I stuck with it, thankfully :)

jazz1

Reaction score
Your recent shed stopped? You tried vegf serum or prox-n and maybe fitting a water oftener and reverse osmosis drinking system? Ever since I done these I don't shed no hairs.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
My penis doesn't feel numb or rubbery.

I think perhaps the consistency is more "watery" than it was, but I've had my sperm motility tested, and it's in the normal range. Then again...how much did I REALLY pay attention to the consistency of my jizz before I started taking finasteride? Not much. Just jerk it and forget it!!

Same goes for nocturnal erections. I still get them, but I really can't measure them against anything else because I never really paid a whole lot of attention to them before. I still get them fairly regularly.

YES, I went through a shed after starting finasteride. It was bad enough that I almost quit, but I stuck with it, thankfully :)

Did your shed thin out your hair dramatically, or did you just notice a lot of hair fall?

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawtashk, can you tell us more about your first finasteride shed, at least as far as you can remember it a few years on - when did you notice it, how much did you lose, when did it all return, etc? That information will be helpful to people in the same situation as Benjamin36 and myself, who have been on finasteride a relatively short amount of time.

Kind of oddly reassuring that you are still going through sheds BTW, as I seem to be in a second phase of that now at month 10. :S

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Not really regrowing any hair, but holding steady to what I have. I think I MIGHT be slowly losing ground on the front, but my family has AGGRESSIVE balding, so I still consider the fact that I'm 29 with 80% of my hair a success.

I did the Warrior Dash yesterday, in the bright sun
ndST6WC.jpg

And 2 weeks ago I had a role in a short film, also outside in the sun (on the left)
GKv81bD.jpg

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm envious of your hair density! Reminds me of me 6-7 years ago. You've done very well indeed on treatments. Hopefully they should tide you over until the next advancements arrive.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I'm envious of your hair density! Reminds me of me 6-7 years ago. You've done very well indeed on treatments. Hopefully they should tide you over until the next advancements arrive.

That is EXACTLY what I'm hoping. I'm slowly still losing hair, but I'd be bald now if it wasn't for finasteride/Rogaine.