4 Year Update...i Never Expected To Get Back So Much

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to share how I look right now.

Started using propecia May 2014. I slow dosed for 8 weeks up to .5mg/day. Iv been on that dose since July 2014. Before that I was taking rogaine, 2011 is when I started that.

I stopped using rogaine in Jan 2014 to see what would happen. Within that 5 months, I went from kinda how I look now to the before pics. Rogaine was doing wonders with keeping my follicles strong.

My crown is also thin, I just dont take pictures of it. There has been progress but not as easily seen as the front. Also, keep in mind, most of my regrowth was within the first 8-10 months. I still see new hairs come in but its not that often that I look anymore.

Ill be getting a transplate in 2020 for sure though.

Anyways, heres how I look :)

gMvYjE1.jpg

LpjH7Kt.jpg

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome regrowth. Who u going with for ur hair transplant ? Do u use any specific shampoos?

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome regrowth. Who u going with for ur hair transplant ? Do u use any specific shampoos?

I've been watching people like Joe Tillman and Hairlicously on youtube, for the past 3-4 months. They seem to have some great info on what to look for in a surgeon and everything to expect. Im still working on who I will want to get it done by. It seems like such an art, Im definitely not going to just roll the dice at some random hair restoration clinic.

I use to use nizoral but havent touched it for nearly 2 years. I ALWAYS forget to order it on amazon. I do want to start using it again. I havent used anything else though. I dont actually use anything in my hair, when it comes to shampoos, just water from the shower.

I appreciate it John, hopefully I can continue this trend with minimal to no side effects.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you got most regrowth after adding propecia, or already were good from rogaine use?

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
So you got most regrowth after adding propecia, or already were good from rogaine use?

The rogaine from 2011 to Jan 2014 was holding back hair loss quite a bit but I was still losing it. Once I stopped rogaine in Jan 14' the hair fell out exponentially faster. It felt like every day, I had 50+ hairs in my hand after a shower. By May 14', that 5 month span, I went from having more hair than I have now to how I looked right before I started propecia. I hope that makes sense, sorry :/

To answer your question, YES, the small dose of propecia was amazing, comparing it to rogaine. Since rogaine doesnt help block DHT in any way.

Heres a link to my original thread on this site.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-hair-strengthening-journey-began-june-2014.87831/

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Your results seem pretty similar to mine. 10 months minoxidil 15 months finasteride. Didn't get anything until I started the minoxidil. Still hoping for more though.

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Your results seem pretty similar to mine. 10 months minoxidil 15 months finasteride. Didn't get anything until I started the minoxidil. Still hoping for more though.

Well, I was on rogaine for 2011-2014, prior to using propecia. Been on .5mg of propecia and rogaine 2014-current. All that matters is its making a difference, right?

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
Good regrowth. What's your diet, sleep habits, physical activity like? Do u take any supplements?
Thanks, Above

Diet is close to Keto, very low carb. I havent had Dairy since 2010, I have EoE(google it if you want). I sleep 6-7 hours a night. I've been weight training since I was 17, 2002 or so. I train 6 days a week, about two hours each day(which is too much but I love it so Im there a lot).

Supplements, I take Zinc, garlic, omegas, biotin, calcium, mag, iron, aminos, b6 b12, and D3. Been taking those for a long time though. Prior to knowing I was losing hair. Im 33 years old btw.

Last edited:

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you think he looks like a woman then the women in your country must be ugly indeed

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
You look like a woman though.
Weird
Its my long eyelashes, Do I make you uncomfortable?

if you think he looks like a woman then the women in your country must be ugly indeed

I gotta agree, I do really make an ugly woman. Maybe I should at least try make up.

Lol dude is jacked and lifts like a madman. Pretty sure ur just hating

Im thinking he finds me attractive and Iv made him uncomfortable. Therefore an insult was posted to try and re-solidify his "manliness"

Last edited:

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
So how much time did it need for yoi until Finasterid kicked in?

Im pretty sure it started kicking in with in the first month. By three months I had a ton of progress. I put a link a few replies above showing my progress from when I started to 6 months in.

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do not lower your hairline so much if you are getting a transplant, look to reinforce the already existing one and save grafts for the back

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
do not lower your hairline so much if you are getting a transplant, look to reinforce the already existing one and save grafts for the back

yeah, my thought is to really just thicken the existing hair line and hopefully cover the temples a bit more. So the hairline is closer to straight across instead of arching up. If I were lucky to get .5-1cm lower, Id be extactic but I wont be pushing to lower it.

Thanks for yout input, I agree 100%