4 months, PICS INCLUDED Let me know what you think?

manzaldo

Reaction score
I started about 4 months ago, thanks to the help with this forum.

I used:

minoxidil 5% - 1 to 2 times a day. I found twice was too much b/c it made by scalp very irritated and face felt big?
Nizoral - as needed for irritated scalp. once a week.
Reviogen - 1 times a day
Reviogen Shampoo - 2-3 times a week
I rarely used "normal" shampoo but when I did I used hair thickening shampoo by Loreal.

To be honest I did my best to keep to the schedule but failed serveral times but I am happy with the results and look forward to the future.

In case you are wondering it cost me about $250 for all of the product for a 3-4 month supply depending on how much you want to use.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

ALSO, do you recommend I change anything, I am thinking of getting some tsal shampoo to help with scalp irratation. Thanks in advance for replies.

Before: Oct - 2006
IMG_7743.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
After: Feb - 2007
IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

joe32

Established Member
Reaction score
goodluck..keep it going! ive been on for 6 months the big3 and noticing changes now in the vertex im getting new hairs....covering the bald spot however the frontal area got worse the top and the temples .think possitive you will get all your back if you stick it out im 33 plan on treatments for 20 years straight and this will only get better ...peace

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like it's starting to do it's job. i wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like dry

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results, but I'm sure it would be much better (especially in the long term) if you add finasteride or dutasteride.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmm i think it just looks longer and darker.. but i could be wrong

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Also do nizoral more than once a week.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
my result didnt come in until around hte 6 months mark, so hang in there

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Nano shampoo, Revita shampoo, spironolactone cream, Apple poly...I guess u dont want to try propecia? Finpecia is a great option if u´re cashdry..

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think your hair is darker and longer, and also thinner than ever. Zero results.

How can others say nice results? Being politically correct? Of course his hair will look different if he dyes it black, grows it out longer, and then combs it to the side to cover some of the baldness.

You need to add a DHT blocker and get a hair transplant.

I am not trying to be rude, but facing the ugly reality of situations is better for people in the long run.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I think your hair is darker and longer, and also thinner than ever. Zero results.

How can others say nice results? Being politically correct? Of course his hair will look different if he dyes it black, grows it out longer, and then combs it to the side to cover some of the baldness.

You need to add a DHT blocker and get a hair transplant.

I am not trying to be rude, but facing the ugly reality of situations is better for people in the long run.

Go take a powder, Homeboy.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't see too much improvement, either, though. I'd think about a DHT inhibitor pretty seriously if I were you. It and rogaine compliment one another pretty well.

manzaldo

Reaction score
Added some more pics

JUST TAKEN TODAY.
IMG_1114.jpg

OLD PIC in Oct. 2006
IMG_7746.jpg

My vortex seems to have gotten a little better. Any suggestions.

I thought Revogen was a DHT inhibitor. I use it once a day with shampoo often. Along with minoxidil 1-2 times a day and nizoral 1-2 week.

Any help I would appreciate.

THANKS.....

LATE

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
While Revivogen claims to be a DHT blocker, it's a poor DHT blocker at best. The same can be said with most shampoos like Nizoral.

If you want a real DHT blocker, you should go with dutasteride or Propecia.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks good.

Try to use consistent angles, makes it easier for you to see the gains. But your vertex is doing great it appears. From my own personal experience the crown is coming in last.