4 Months On finasteride Experiencing Weak Orgasms

GlobalPropane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride since May and the only side effect I had noticed was watery semen. However the past two days I've experienced pleasureless and weak orgasms. I have also noticed zero hair regrowth. Is it worth it to continue to take finasteride or should I stop? Are the side effects likely to go away?

Also I still get morning wood and random erections, however they are softer than before.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride since May and the only side effect I had noticed was watery semen. However the past two days I've experienced pleasureless and weak orgasms. I have also noticed zero hair regrowth. Is it worth it to continue to take finasteride or should I stop? Are the side effects likely to go away?

Also I still get morning wood and random erections, however they are softer than before.
Hair regrowth is not necessarily the outcome. Mostly is stoping or slowing hair loss. If that happens then it is workingfor you.

As far as sides, the manufacturer, many doctors and users alike say that these sides lessen and usually go away over time. But as you may already know, for abl significant minority some if the sides get worse.

You are already on the verge of getting some unpleasant sides so you will have to think well and wisely. Is the risk worth it? If yes, then continue and assess in a couple if months. If not, then donçt continue.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I decide to stop taking finasteride should I quit cold turkey or taper off?
Please have in mind that I am not and never was on Fina so everything I say it's based on reading and chatting with other people.

This is a very tricky thing. Some say taper, some say cold turkey. The thing is that so far I haven't seen MDs sugesting tappering off. Again, this would have to be your decision because you will he the one that will enjoy or regret any such decision.

Since you've been on it for only 4 months maybe cole turkey would be the way? Tapering if seems to be hard to achieve because of the nearly flat response to dosage...