4 months into my regimen, should I switch?

hairwoe

Reaction score
So far I've been on a 2x rogaine 5% solution (only applied to the frontal sides) and 1x 1mg finestaride regimen for 4 months and I've seen some promising regrowth at the frontal sides of my head and in the general thickness of my hair.

I'm very tempted to switch to the foam version of rogaine because of the no irritation/better after styling/increased regrowth but...

I've read about a lot of people complaining about lots of shedding after switching to the foam and I'm concerned that those 4 months would have been in vain if I switched to the foam...

Am I worrying too much here? What should I realistically expect if I switched to the foam?

antonio666

Reaction score
if you are having sucsess do not change your reginem,
imagine if you tinkered with it and stopped getting results you would be devastated,the liquid might be messy but is givind you results,i wish i was,

by the way when did you notice results in your treatment?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you are worrying to much here. Rogaine Foam is awesome stuff and well worth the switch. I didnt really notice shedding if it did even happen to me. Trust me you will love the foam so much better. That oily liquid crap is a thing of the past.

It will not hinder your results as antonio seems to think but it will probably improve them because it is so much easier to apply.

Vic_Vega

Reaction score
I think I'm the only one on these boards that doesn't like the foam. I've only been using it for about a week now, so hopefully this will change. Since starting on the foam, my scalp has been way more itchy than with the liquid. I keep my hair really short, so the greasyness of the liquid never bothered me. Also, the foam has a strong odor, whereas the liquid had none at all. Last complaint, it's much easier measuring the 1ml dosage with the liquid, as measuring half a capful of foam is far from an exact science.

hairwoe

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
by the way when did you notice results in your treatment?

I started to see early signs of regrowth about 2-3months in, its been 4 and a bit months now and those hairs are starting to get longer and thicker but have still a way to go before they get as thick and full as my other hairs.

If anyone has any good/bad switching experiences please post them here.

xodcbox

Reaction score
Yes rogain alone !! FOAM ! It works! I had never even heard or used any of the pills, medications that so many people on this site use . I saw the rogain foam ad on tv. Bought it. and Bam! 7 months later I got hair on my head!!! Yes lots and lots of shedding. A month in half of shedding sacrifice.Very awfull I was scared as hell ! Thanx to rogain I gotta girlfriend she loves my hair! Im 34 yrs old.