4 Months in with Propecia

PD32

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this site but have decided to join and share my experience so far with you all.

After years of progressively losing my hair and after taking Finpecia for over a year with no visible results, i decided to investigate the possibilities of hair transplant. I booked in and visited Dolan Park Hospital in Bromsgrove uk where I chatted with a sales rep who took me through all the great success stories and within 5 minutes had me ready to sign up to a 6k surgical procedure. As I was about to sign my savings away, Dr krishnan walked in to view my conditions and immediately advised against surgery at first as he believed that although my hair was thinning I would get good results from Propecia. I informed him that I had been taking Finpecia, but he informed me that he was not aware of this and that there were many fakes on the market claiming to be as effective as Propecia. He sent me away with a course of Propecia and advised that I return within 6 months.

It has now been 4 months since taking Propecia combined with Minoxidil 5% foam twice a day and Alpecin Shampoo once a day.

I have to say that I am generally impressed with the results so far (please see attached photos. Photo on left is first day of taking Propecia and photo on right is 4 months on.)

I am extremely thankful to Dr Krishnan as he has potentially saved me 6k plus, not to mention scars in the back of my head.... I hope to continue with my progress shown so far and will keep you guys updated with another post at six months.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 8,414

PD32

Reaction score
Thanks Bro. Have to say that this combination seems to be really working for me. Just shows that there is a combination for everyone. I suppose its just finding it. With Finpecia that I used for a year along with Biotin my hair just shed badly.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting that much regrowth in 4 months, you're very lucky.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
3.5 months on mostly just finasteride so far. noticing new hairs on the hairline.

JWM

Reaction score
Can you clarify? Did you also start Rogaine Foam 4 months ago, along with Propecia? Or had you been using Rogaine the whole time you were on Finpecia?

PD32

Reaction score
I was using finpecia with vitamin tablets and Biotin with no regaine minoxidil. I shed a lot over the year and regret not just taking Propecia with minoxidil and aloe in shampoo during this time. Finpecia appears to work for some people but it didn't for me....

After taking Propecia for just a week, my hair stopped shedding. When I shampoo my hair now, I get the odd hair or two in my hands rather than 20 or 30 as I did before.

I am also going to purchase a laser comb as I have heard and read good things about these. Suppose it can't do any harm....

T

TravisB

How could Finpecia not help you if it's basically the same as Propecia?

I think that Finpecia was maintaing your hair, and now you have regrowth because of minoxidil.

JWM

Reaction score
TravisB said:

I think that Finpecia was maintaing your hair, and now you have regrowth because of minoxidil.

Yup.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I am also going to purchase a laser comb as I have heard and read good things about these. Suppose it can't do any harm....

Where have you heard about any success from laser comb? It is useless...there is absolutely no evidence to suggest laser aids hair growth. Stick to the formula you have as its working well, and don't waste your money on shite like the laser comb.

Congrats on your results!

jazz1

Reaction score
Il post my success soon but right now Im going through a bad shed, try tricomin and folligen cream, beleive me it bloody works. Hope you carry on with the success good luck.

PD32

Reaction score
Finpecia did absolutely nothing for me. All i did was lose hair rapidly over a year. Propecia was like a new lease of life for me.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no doubt there is a few fraudulent pharmacies out there, but me, and many people on this site have had great success with Finpecia from Cipla, they are just as big as Merck, I'm only 5 months in on 0.5mg of Finpecia and I'm already seeing thicken of my left temple and new hairs growing in. My hair hasn't looked this good in over a year, just letting people know that finpecia works, fincar works, you just have to buy from a reputable online pharmacy.

Sorry for the off topic post, lad, your hair does look great, good luck in the future!

:)

PD32

Reaction score
No, all comments are welcome. As I have said previously, Finpecia just didn't seem to work for me. I bought it from UK Pharmacys which appears to be a reputable company and it was Cipla Finpecia but just hasn't worked.

Also - I have just looked back through my diary and it appears that I started Propecia/Regaine Foam/Aplecin on March 15th 2012... So it hasn't even been 3 months, let alone 4......

I have managed to borrow a laser comb so won't be buying one as advised not to in a previous post. Will be interesting to see if it will do anything positive. Nothing to lose...

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
if you can borrow a laser comb and try it go ahead...but DO NOT BUY ONE

When i first started losing my hair I spent $500 on a hairmax laser comb. I was like 22 at the time and VERY BROKE. I had to make 3 payments on it to pay it off. It did absolutely nothing and was a complete pain in the *** to sit there for 20 minutes everyday running this thing over my head.

i have never seen anyone post a success story in this board using the laser comb...not a single one. In fact, on Hairmax's own forum I didn't even see people posting about success (with pics) at the time. Also, consumer advocated like The Bald Truth will not endorse the laser comb because they aren't convinced it does anything

totally not worth it in my opinion

K

kehcorpz

IrishFella said:
There is no doubt there is a few fraudulent pharmacies out there, but me, and many people on this site have had great success with Finpecia from Cipla, they are just as big as Merck, I'm only 5 months in on 0.5mg of Finpecia and I'm already seeing thicken of my left temple and new hairs growing in. My hair hasn't looked this good in over a year, just letting people know that finpecia works, fincar works, you just have to buy from a reputable online pharmacy.

Sorry for the off topic post, lad, your hair does look great, good luck in the future!

:)

While I can't argue with your own experience, I am very cautious when it comes to any non-Canadian generics. Health Canada has a product database with all the monographs for any generic that is allowed to be sold within the country. These monographs need to show studies done to measure bioequivalence. All of the generics have to use the brand name as a reference. This is partly the reason why I use brand name because the data on the generics while it is very similar is typically below reference. The best generic sold here is Teva-finasteride which achieves a Cmax(peak) of 36.204 (mean) but has a coefficient of variation of 24%. While the merck reference brand achieved 36.899 with a better coefficient of variation of 19%. Now, chances are that if you take this one you are getting pretty much close to the real deal. But there's no data like this for International brands so I wouldn't touch it. I get brand name because the difference in price really isn't that big here. Merck Proscar versus Generic. The propecia, since it still has its patent, costs an arm and a leg. But once they lose their patent it will drop in price just like Proscar did.

K

kehcorpz

TravisB said:

Or it could be that finasteride finally showed its magic during one of his growing phases. Keep in mind that there are a lot of people who think they don't see any results in finasteride and then suddenly after 14-16 months all this hair grows in. In fact the most common timelines are usually 12 months, 14-16 months. I typically grow hair in the summer, I started finasteride about 11 months ago after my growth cycle and now that summer has come my hair is starting to sprout like weed. And this is on top of the fact that I quit Rogaine 4 and a half months ago.

Anyways great results dude :)

PD32

Reaction score
After quitting Rogaine, have you not experienced any loss...? I was under the impression that once on Rogaine, no matter how good the results, you need to stick with it for life as it is effectively feeding your dead hair.

K

kehcorpz

PD32 said:
After quitting Rogaine, have you not experienced any loss...? I was under the impression that once on Rogaine, no matter how good the results, you need to stick with it for life as it is effectively feeding your dead hair.

Oh yah the loss was horrible, it got worse than before I started but it started growing in again. Given the studies on it I expected it to get worse, and I sucked it up and shaved my head and took it like a man. It was horrible, I was practically almost flat out norwood 6. The hair just now started growing back which is on par with the study done. 3-4 months you bottom out where it gets worse than before and then 4.5 + you start to go back to where you would be if you had not taken rogaine. Rogaine didn't seem to do much for me, made my scalp look reddish. Most people do not survive the rogaine shed after they quit, most return to using rogaine. If after 6 months your hair is still bad, then yes rogaine may have been doing your hair a favour, but you can only make that call after 6 months.

God I hated putting rogaine on. Not to mention it messed up my skin with dark circles and wrinkles. People argue against that but i'm part of the minority that truly does get these side effects. Everyone I knew noticed me age 10-15 years within a year. Now i'm finally looking my age.