4 MONTHS AND GROWING GOOD w/pics

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i hit 4 months at christmas and almost everyone that sees me notices something different. i have gotten some pretty nice compliments like, your looking good or you look younger and my wife just keeps stareing at me with a big grin. she keeps saying how cool my hair looks. it feels pretty damn good and i'm only at 4 months. can hardly wait until i hit the 1 year mark. i hope there's more to come but if not, i can live with it the way it is.

LG...how are those grafts looking at 5 months?

01-04-07003.jpg

01-04-07004.jpg

01-04-07005.jpg

G

Remarkable, jusr remarkable. Most patients do not have that much re-growth that quickly. You definitely are an exception. Congrats man!

If you think your wife likes your new look now, just wait until it all grows in. No offense but she might try and put a leash on you! Just kidding! :hairy:

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dirtrider67 said:
i hit 4 months at christmas and almost everyone that sees me notices something different. i have gotten some pretty nice compliments like, your looking good or you look younger and my wife just keeps stareing at me with a big grin. she keeps saying how cool my hair looks. it feels pretty damn good and i'm only at 4 months. can hardly wait until i hit the 1 year mark. i hope there's more to come but if not, i can live with it the way it is.

LG...how are those grafts looking at 5 months?

01-04-07003.jpg

01-04-07004.jpg

01-04-07005.jpg

Hey DR,

They are growing in! It was the 5 month mark on 12/27. I want to post pics but the length of my hair and the hair transplant hair are different lengths. I also am on the fence with it b/c I just dont want to deal with alot of the nitwits who criticize for the hell of it. I also dont want the pics to go to sites w/o my consent either.

LG

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
GILL---thanks...it's pretty amazing stuff. i still have a hard time believing that it's really growing in as fast as it is. i've gone from bald to thinning in 4 months. just amazing. the one thing that i am dissapointed about is the finasteride. don't know if it has helped the follicules grow faster or not but it has thinned out the rest of my hair. it's only been 3 months for the finasteride so hopefully it will start working soon.

LG---my recipient hairs were shorter than my existing hairs and it kinda looked funny so i kept buzzing my hair to a #4 and the recipient hairs finally caught up. they are starting to thinken up now and looking more natural. i am very pleased with my procedure. don't have a 21 yo hairline but looks good for 40. my wife just absolutely loves it. i've found that more younger women are giving me big smiles too. could lead to big problems. thanks god the finasteride mellowed out my libido. LOL

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, very nice look for only 4 months post-op.
The hair look really strong and healthy, i hope more of them sprout out.
Again congratulations, and enjoy your new life :p

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there's alot more growth coming.

I bet the result looks better in person b/c in "your face lights" tend to reveal so much scalp even in non balding heads.

Looking good so far DR, great Christmas present eh??? 8)

G

DR,

At this point it appears that finasteride is going to work well for you because it sounds like your natural hair is going into cycling again which is a good sign. It's almost always an indication that the finasteride is working.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
LG, it looks way better in person and in the mirror. it's pretty cool to have all this hair now. it's time for a haircut. i like it short so i'll just give it a #6 clipper.

GILLENATOR, so my existing hair falling out is a good sign? it'll be 4 months on the finasteride this month and it doesn't seem to be getting any thicker. although, my recipient hairs are doing very well. i wonder if the finasteride has anything to do with it growing in so fast?

arnold

Reaction score
Months

Hey Dirtrider,

Great growth! I'm hanging in there with my own progress. I've got wispy sprouts that need to grow in every direction. I hate to admit it but I'm using Toppik to fill in the unsightly look.

G

Dirtrider,

Yes the falling hairs or momentary shedding is a good sign. Generally speaking, the inhibition period for finasteride to begin to effectively and specifically inhibit Type I DHT is ninety days. I have guys tell me all of the time of this temporary shedding.

The younger guys tend to react with the shedding effect and it can be kind of scary, but once your hair follicles cycle through back to anagen, BINGO, they start to grow hair again. It can take as long as nine months for the recycled hair to gain the visual coverage back.

But the good thing is that not only will that hair come back, but also the new transplants with it.

So IMO, there's more to come! :hairy:

G

Forgot to reply to the last part of your question. Many docs will inform adult male hair transplant patients that starting Propecia (finasteride) at least three months in advance of surgery will help hair follicles behave more normally because of the effective inhibition of DHT. They potentially can be less resistant to shockloss too. And yes regrowth of new transplants can also come in quicker than if you were not on it.

Without the hairloss drugs, including minoxidil, and potentially dutasteride, the hair follicles can and many times will move in and out of their cycles slower and each time they fulfill a complete three-fold cycle, they come back weaker. Eventually, the follicles become so miniturized that they will only grow tiny vellous hair, and eventually they shut down and produce nothing.

The intial use of minoxidil can also promote some temporary shedding and even produce some regrowth from follicles that are shut down in telogen, and then the active ingredient revitalizes some of them to move into anagen. But follicles that are that debilitated from the effects of both DHTs, tend to only regrow weak fuzzy looking hair. It's rare to see any meaningful coverage from this weak regrowth. And that's why the younger adult men would want to consider the use of finasteride, before alot of damage occurs. Putting surgery off as a last resort is in the patient's best interest for the very obvious reasons.

But these are many of my clinical observations over the years and that's why the use of hairloss meds, primarily finasteride, are recommended by the doctors more for slowing down the effects of male pattern baldness. None of the hairloss meds as you know, cure it.