4 month update on proscar

hopewas

Reaction score
the shedding has stopped and my crown is filling in nicely. my hair seems to be thicker again. i've also been on minoxidil applying it once a day..i;ve started using it once a day after the second year on it after applying it twice a day. i seem to get the same results. don't want to jinx myself, but my hair has gotten better and the shedding did stop so i;m happy. thanks for reccomending proscar cassin. and i take 1/4 of proscar a day

PearlJam

Reaction score
Thats nice to hear, man... Congratulations... I have Proscar at home, but i'm not sure whether to start it - I worry about the side-effects as I have a girlfriend of two years and dont want erectile difficulties :shock:

Did you experience any side effects asside from the initial shedding?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Updates are a lot more meaningfull when you include how long you've been on treatments.

PearlJam, I think if you asked you girlfriend which she'd preffer, she'd take a month of less then stupendous sex over a lifetime of you with no hair..

Cassin

Reaction score
Your welcome Hopewas, best of luck.

PearlJam, what makes you even think your going to have problems? If it sounds like most people do, thats just because your reading forums to much. Everyone on the planet that has a problem that can write English comes to these things to get things figured out. Relax and keep your hair like Hopewas is doing. He was worried once about taking it (like most of us) now he's doing fine.

hopewas

Reaction score
flux said:
Updates are a lot more meaningfull when you include how long you've been on treatments.

PearlJam, I think if you asked you girlfriend which she'd preffer, she'd take a month of less then stupendous sex over a lifetime of you with no hair..

? did you not read my post or title? or are you as slow as my computer? and pearljam, ..besides the shed, i've had no side effects. i get it up all the time ..each and every time.. just like before i took it..maybe more now because i have a new g\f and she turns me on like crazy. and listen to cassin. i was scared to take proscar but i'm glad i did. i should have taken that and then added minoxidil later on. it's what i would have done if i could turn back time. it's because of a lot of assholes trashing proscar, etc..that most people like me before 4 months ago said f*** that..too many side effects,..well i've had none

incognito

Reaction score
I read around on these forums a lot and was scared for finasteride, but I decided to buy it anyway. I ordered the finpecia from cipla and it just arrived last night. Once it arrived, I was all excited, but when it came time to take it that night, I hesitated. After spending time reading through the forums last night I said f*** it, only one way to find out. So last night was my first time taking finpecia.

Keep in mind that people who do well on finasteride do not come to forums such as this and report the findings for the most part. People who need help seek it, and those who don't don't seek it.

I will be on finasteride for the next year, just keep reading "my story" for updates.

hopewas

Reaction score
proscar did more for me in 4 months than minoxidil has in 3 years in my opinion

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:

It's all in your head. Propecia doesn't regrow hair like that. If you actually did regrow hair, then the minoxidil was responsible.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I think it may be the combination of using them together. I used 5% minoxidil alone for like 6 months with no results and hair was still thinning. About a year later I found thiis site and got on finasteride, min, and nizoral and got awesome results in just three months...see my pics by viewing my regimen.

BHD

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
just saw your results, and they are pretty good. In another year you might not look like you're losing it.

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
I have good results and no side effects with propecia, and i still come back for more advice :D and to show ppl that there is hope.

Propecia and nizoral - 3months

hopewas

Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
hopewas said:

It's all in your head. Propecia doesn't regrow hair like that. If you actually did regrow hair, then the minoxidil was responsible.

what i meant was that in 2 years on minoxidil, i got no results..just slowed doen male pattern baldness...but when on proscar and minoxidil once a day..i got great results. should have explained it better. and it's not in my head. i should have taken proscar a long time ago.