4 month update.....good news

G

well, i don't really post much on the board, just browse around a few times a week. i thought i would update everyone as i noticed some success today. i have been on 1.25mg finasteride, 5% minoxidil, nizoral, msm, and flaxseed vitamins for about 4 months. here's my situation. this past summer i had a little thinning around the crown, back of my head, and my left temple. my right temple was much worse, almost bare. my situation wasn't bad at all, i caught the sh*t pretty early. anyways, in the past 4 months my thinning has stopped and the hair quality is much better....the left temple has filled out (it wasn't that bad in the first place). here's the good part, the right temple looked like sh*t.....i have grown maybe 2-3 hairs on it so far....however today i noticed tons of vellus little blonde hairs all over the temple. you can only see them in the right light. i am assuming these will grow to become thicker brown hairs, am i right? anyways, i am excited now to see what is in store. the left temple is perfect and if those little blonde hairs turn brown, the right will be perfect too. i only use the minoxidil at night and only on the temples....it's too messy for the crown and i am hoping that the finasteride, nizoral, and vitamins will just thicken that up within in a year. anyways, just thought i would let you guys know.

does anyone have any idea if these little vellus hairs are a good sign and will they become full healthy strands of hair?

do i really need to put minoxidil on the crown if i just want it to thicken it up a little? i am thinking of waiting a year on just the finasteride for the crown and if it doesn't work, then i will add minoxidil.