4.5 Months On Big 3, Comparison Photo

Chiefton93

Reaction score
So updating you all on my progression with the big 3.(not including biotin)

Nizarol 2% 1-2 a week shower
Finasteride 1mg every morning
Minoxidil twice a day morning and night
Biotin tablet once a morning

It is now nearly 5 months into it all and I do have some progression photos.

As I'm entering into my fifth month, these are the things that I have noticed whilst taking the drug finasteride,

- loss lobido
- hairs are still shedding (which apparently is normal and the drug is working) <--- in saying that the mental side of things it's freaking me out massively that it's still shedding at maybe a less slower rate than before and the shedding should ease down by the 5-7 month mark.

I have no issues with my sex life if anything it's the same as before morning wood and all. It's all in your head in that department

My hair has gotten thicker yes however my crown seems to be growing new hairs according to my dr however I must remain patient and keep at it until a year and hopefully see some remarkable results.

The photo I have taken are from October 2016 and now February 2017. I don't see much change at all but maybe I'm just paranoid

I'd also like to mention I do wear a hard hat all day at work ( construction ) and I sweat vigorously which in turn is also playing mind games with me in my hair loss but reading these forums has fucked with my brain a little, I'm just trying to help out the community because this should never happen in your 20s. 30s I wouldn't give a sh*t.

But in conclusion, I'm still a bit iffy with the whole drug and how it's going. I see my hair dr once every blue moon and my next appointment is in March so I'll update you all then. But hoping for the best, finasteride has a success rate of 87% in stopping all hair loss (according to American study of 15,000 men) and 67% in re producing new hairs.

Head up to all the men out there going through this ordeal. I'm always with you all so keep me posted if there's anything I can do to help

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 980

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 month is nothing for propecia . Wait at least 12 month . Hope you will respond . Me i have been on propecia for 2 years with no result unfortunately

Chiefton93

Reaction score
Hi all

I hope you are all well whereever you're from in the world unfortunate enough to be suffering from androgentic alopecia (hair loss).

This week marks the one year mark of the big 3 so I thought I'd give you all a year update.

- finasteride
- minoxidl
- nizoral.

To give you a bit of insight about myself and my personality , it may help many others in a similar situation to me. I am a 25 year old male, I work in the construction industry, I wear a hard hat all day, I do tend to stress strenuously as it is a physical and mental job. I enjoy going out socially on the weekends with friends and having a good time.

I give you a description because using the big 3 over the last year has really had a turn for me mentally. I am not depressed it's ok however I do believe you must be a STRONG MINDED person to do these treatments in order to redeem your hair.

My experiences on the big 3 pros:

-I have gained fuller hair in the crown areas even though it still tends to be a bit thin under light
- I still have a high sex drive never had a problem with erectile disfunction
- hair has gotten thicker throughout Most parts of my head.

Cons:
- Mentally when I sweat and wear a hat all day makes me anxious about my hair loss and I still tend to have 50-100 hairs shedding a day

My dermatologist has informed me that the DHT is at a halt and the hair loss has stopped. But some days when I look into the mirror it does seem to look the other way round so my advice to you all reading this is this

If you are about to jump on the big 3 DO NOT read the horror stories from these pages these drugs do work it just takes time. Buy the right shampoos , as an Australian I mix up my shampoos with nizoral 2%, selsund gold and head and shoulders. Your hair must be clean! Remove all dandruff. If you do work in a industry that dirties your hair it's recommended (by my dermatologist) to wash the same day !

Cut the cigarettes as this is also a killer of hair follicles. Finasteride already sheds your hair enough so don't help it.

I hope I can help in anyway, I do believe my hair is getting far better than previously before. It's all about being positive and not giving in, I believe I am now borderline norwood 1 from being a Norwood 2. (Check Norwood Scale)

The photos I have uploaded today are 3 images , left photo being when I started , right 5 months in and top today a year from when I started.

If you all have any questions please feel free to message! Be positive and keep your heads up!!

Chiefton93

Reaction score
The photos provided are from today , the top of the collage and the seperate

Attachments

• IMG_5098.JPG
    IMG_5098.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 707
  • IMG_5090.JPG
    IMG_5090.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 405

pizzamanluigi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats man, it seems like your regimen has worked well for you! Keep us updated in the years to come.