3k/fue Hair Transplant Targeting Sept. Worth It? Or?

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

Nice.

I had mine on Nov 4th.

Yeah...still numb after a month and a half. And minor itchiness.

I guess it's normal.

Gents,

Another 2 months have passed. Beginning to see baby hair growths and feeling returning to the transplanted area. Still about 40-50% numb. Minor itchiness throughout the head. The redness has not fully subsided in the transplanted area yet. There is no pain at all now. Its been 10 weeks since surgery.

Ive had several (less than 5) ingrown hairs & pimples on my transplanted site, and generally they go away on their own. I have popped a couple of them which caused the graft to pop out. However it was immediately relieved of pressure and soreness.

3 new photos attached.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

3200 hairs.

My surgery starts at 10.00am.

Extraction ends at 1.00pm

Transplant began at 1.30pm and ended at 4.00pm

I felt slight pain and discomfort till I went to bed at night.

Doctor only gave me 5 tablets of pain killers and I only need 1.

Was ok the next day.

Talk about pain.

It was during the anesthetic process.

20 time on the donor area.

20 times on the transplant area.

It was so painful; I had cramps, sweating and my heartbeat was crazy.

Your replies are appreciated gents.

Quick update ; heading in for another wash today, its been 1 week since surgery. The pain around my head is brutal, like knife stabs randomly throughout.

I'll post new photos tonight

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talk about pain.

Pain from those numbing injections are completely normal. I didn't have cramps or sweating but I was screaming during mine.

MMT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

3200 hairs.

My surgery starts at 10.00am.

Extraction ends at 1.00pm

Transplant began at 1.30pm and ended at 4.00pm

I felt slight pain and discomfort till I went to bed at night.

Doctor only gave me 5 tablets of pain killers and I only need 1.

Was ok the next day.

Talk about pain.

It's painful indeed in the donor area and in the transplant area. Actually everyone doesn't have the same pain tolerance. Some feel huge pain and some feel no pain. As for me, I felt the same as you've described.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pain from those numbing injections are completely normal. I didn't have cramps or sweating but I was screaming during mine.

Phew~

Screaming.

That's serious.

During mine, the nurse and Doctor kept informing me to inform them if I still felt any pain; they will inject more anesthetic.

In my case there are areas where the anesthetic did not cover the donor and transplant area.

Imagine the pain? But I suck it up. I fear the anesthetic needles compared to the FUE tool and transplant tool..

By the way, I think the nurse was a bit hasty.

The anesthetic would last 12 hours.

And my surgery lasted 6 hours; plenty of time.

Instead of waiting for the anesthetic to spread, the nurse kept on injecting the anesthetic.

I suggest the nurse waited till the anesthetic had spread, THEN inject the numbed area.

Probably waited a minute between injections.

20 times...only the 1st one was painful...and the rest (19) were painless since it's on the numbed areas.

So, technically patient would only felt two(2) injections; one in the donor and another in the transplant.

If you know what I mean.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time posting - been reading threads for 5 years. Was time to sign up.

After 4 consults over 5 years, I'm seeing Hasson for FUE this Sept for 3000 grafts and I'm excited, but also nervous - and afraid. 4 years ago I tried finasteride and got the sides. Went off it after 6 weeks, and most of the sides have gone away.

My life took such a down-turn as a result of Finasteride (oral) I'm terrified of trying anything else.
I'm aware of MINOXIDIL, but haven't tried it. Due to my fears, I honestly haven't tied anything else to halt hair loss, or try to regain any hair.

I could be in denial, because since I first noticed my hair loss (24) its been stable for the last 8 years-ish. Hasson is confident I wont go totally bald, even tho I'm a solid N4 today ( at 38 y/o)

My question is, it is a mistake to get FUE without the support of other hair-loss treatments?

How many "good years" could I get?

What's members experiences here? Best case? Worst case?

Cheers

Congrats on your FUE. I also had a FUE after stopping finasteride after 18 years of use. In the 8 months without finasteride, I've not had much hairloss, and my FUE doctor thinks I won't have much more hairloss (even off finasteride) since I'm in my early 50s now.

I wonder if taking finasteride at later age (even for short time) can stabilize hair loss?

What is the hairloss of your father, mom's dad, or your brothers? My sense is that family members will all tend to get to the same hair loss level, unless there is intervention.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your FUE. I also had a FUE after stopping finasteride after 18 years of use. In the 8 months without finasteride, I've not had much hairloss, and my FUE doctor thinks I won't have much more hairloss (even off finasteride) since I'm in my early 50s now.

I wonder if taking finasteride at later age (even for short time) can stabilize hair loss?

What is the hairloss of your father, mom's dad, or your brothers? My sense is that family members will all tend to get to the same hair loss level, unless there is intervention.

Can you share us pictures of your hair?

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update OP? Sorry to dig up an old thread but our hair loss pattern and hair colour/texture is very similar. I'm curious how you're making out.

Logik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump.
It’s amazing. 5.5 months in and still growing. Extremely happy with the result.
The texture and looks is slightly different than the rest, but apparently it grows out and naturally becomes more in-line with the rest. here’s a selfie I just took. God bless

Attachments

• 70C0486A-7B5B-4DAE-A7CB-36473655A7D6.jpeg
    70C0486A-7B5B-4DAE-A7CB-36473655A7D6.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 331

idunnosomething19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome brother, thanks for the update. H&W does excellent work. You look fantastic, absolute night and day from where you started. Enjoy life!

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump.
The texture and looks is slightly different than the rest, but apparently it grows out and naturally becomes more in-line with the rest. here’s a selfie I just took. God bless

Just saw this update and remembered commenting that you were in good hands with. H & W and for just 5.5 months it looks fantastic, with plenty more progress ahead, congrats man!

Ps. Do keep updating your progress as it may help others.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
awesome results man! Im going next weekend to get a consult for a second one. I had one a few years (FEW) back and now I need touch ups. I remember during mine They novacained me to the max but towards the end it just wouldnt stick. My body runs through it fast, makes dental work a PITA. Towards the end I just said keep going and sucked it up. Honestly felt no worse than getting a tattoo and the area just auto numbed after a while. Ive got a pretty high threshhold for "anticipated pain". Its those surprise stubbed toe and bumped elbows that put me out of commission for weeks lol.

avocado67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump.

Great result (so far). If you're hairloss has stabilized, then you're set for life.

dustinb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump.

Looks great man!
Did you take any meds at all BEFORE the surgery, or are just taking them after?