39 Year Old Female With Thinning Hair

Roma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I first noticed my hair was getting thin at the crown area at the age of 28. I was really concerned and spoke to my family and they reassured me that their is nothing wrong and not to worry. Therefore I trusted my family, ignored it and got on with my life.

In my early to mid 30s I started to see more thining, especially in strong light and my scalp was noticeable. I wasn't too worried and just got on with my life.

I had a baby at the age of 36 and gained a little hair during pregnancy and lost the gained hair a few months after giving birth. Life was so busy I just had no time to think about hair.

At the age of 39, life is more manageable and all I think about is my thining hair and very conscious of it. It drains me and i feel very sad and depressed about it. I am constantly looking at other people's hair and scared that someone will say something about my thining hair.

I have been to the doctors and awaiting to get some blood tests. Although i felt the doctor didn't really care. The doctor did suggest Minoxodil from the pharmacist but can this actually work for my age and the fact that I noticed hair thing around 10 years ago.

My sisters and dad have great heads of hair and my mums hair started to thin after the menopause (from age 50). I became a vegetarian at the age of 17 and one of my my sisters who is older than me also became a vegetarian at the age of 16 and has a great head of hair.

I guess I am just wanting to know why do I have thin hair? and if their is anything I can do about it. I have orderd a Nioxin system and not expecting any miracles. I just don't know what to do? or what to use?. Is their any hope of getting the thickness back to my hair?

Thank you for reading my post.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i had great progress with Minoxidil.

I also go my Iron ferritin up to 60 (from 10)

And i use topical spironolactone/estrodial.

I had hair loss for a long time--i had not noticed it until past few years but this is more to do with the texture of my hair..i have fluffy bouncy hair vs pin straight for example.

Roma

My Regimen
Reaction score
i had great progress with Minoxidil.

I also go my Iron ferritin up to 60 (from 10)

And i use topical spironolactone/estrodial.

I had hair loss for a long time--i had not noticed it until past few years but this is more to do with the texture of my hair..i have fluffy bouncy hair vs pin straight for example.

Hi hairblues,

Thanks for the reply.

Thats good news that you had great progress with Minoxidil.

How did you get your iron ferritin up?

I have never heard of spironolactone/ estrodial.

How do you feel about your hair now?

Leslie5555

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I first noticed my hair was getting thin at the crown area at the age of 28. I was really concerned and spoke to my family and they reassured me that their is nothing wrong and not to worry. Therefore I trusted my family, ignored it and got on with my life.

In my early to mid 30s I started to see more thining, especially in strong light and my scalp was noticeable. I wasn't too worried and just got on with my life.

I had a baby at the age of 36 and gained a little hair during pregnancy and lost the gained hair a few months after giving birth. Life was so busy I just had no time to think about hair.

At the age of 39, life is more manageable and all I think about is my thining hair and very conscious of it. It drains me and i feel very sad and depressed about it. I am constantly looking at other people's hair and scared that someone will say something about my thining hair.

I have been to the doctors and awaiting to get some blood tests. Although i felt the doctor didn't really care. The doctor did suggest Minoxodil from the pharmacist but can this actually work for my age and the fact that I noticed hair thing around 10 years ago.

My sisters and dad have great heads of hair and my mums hair started to thin after the menopause (from age 50). I became a vegetarian at the age of 17 and one of my my sisters who is older than me also became a vegetarian at the age of 16 and has a great head of hair.

I guess I am just wanting to know why do I have thin hair? and if their is anything I can do about it. I have orderd a Nioxin system and not expecting any miracles. I just don't know what to do? or what to use?. Is their any hope of getting the thickness back to my hair?

Thank you for reading my post.
I was in my early 30s when I noticed my hair loss. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with hirsutism in 2009 they put me on Spironolactone which worked great for almost 8 years. BUT now it doesn't work for me anymore more. I'm 41 now and as I have read these DHT androgen problems get worse as you get older. I also started using the nioxin shampoo and conditioner I have been using it often on over the years. Hairdresser told me once that she thinks it does help some. I'm going to start a natural DHT blocker regimen including pumpkinseed oil, viviscal and inositol. Good luck. I know how you feel I feel very sad and very distraught over this. I've lost a lot of hair in the last three months and I am panicking. I have read that some vegetarians don't get enough of certain proteins and nutrients. maybe that's all that you need