39 y/o possible balding on scalp and thinning of hairline?

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been here before a few years ago. I would like some advice from people. I have noticed I can see my scalp where the hair whirl is on the crown, under light, is this normal?

I Was also wondering what you may think of the rest of the photos around the hair line ? Thinning ?

my family history is balding by the time
They were 28. Father and brother, hence the post

thank you
BE3B3026-821D-4196-B45A-6926DAC1B26D.jpeg

Attachments

• E1B6AAFF-054C-4847-8F5D-C8AD70A312EC.jpeg
    E1B6AAFF-054C-4847-8F5D-C8AD70A312EC.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 1595DFD1-6376-471C-9E5D-FAD533772394.jpeg
    1595DFD1-6376-471C-9E5D-FAD533772394.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 147
  • E4EB0855-992D-4670-9F62-5C66E6CAB32E.jpeg
    E4EB0855-992D-4670-9F62-5C66E6CAB32E.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 152
  • A0600DAC-ED1B-47E6-BAF6-2B95E02873AC.jpeg
    A0600DAC-ED1B-47E6-BAF6-2B95E02873AC.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 144
  • A0ECCE63-D9D9-49E9-A8CB-086553352DAE.jpeg
    A0ECCE63-D9D9-49E9-A8CB-086553352DAE.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 0432FF8E-F7C2-49EA-8CB8-80281DC1DC11.jpeg
    0432FF8E-F7C2-49EA-8CB8-80281DC1DC11.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 167

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does your barber notice anything? When my barber made a comment about my hair, shortly afterwards I began shedding like crazy and have been ever since. He noticed thinning of crown and slight temple recession which was the first sign. If you start noticing a bunch of hairs on your pillow and on your hands during shower then try finasteride oral or topical. If you aren't , no need to worry. It looks pretty good to me honestly.

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does your barber notice anything? When my barber made a comment about my hair, shortly afterwards I began shedding like crazy and have been ever since. He noticed thinning of crown and slight temple recession which was the first sign. If you start noticing a bunch of hairs on your pillow and on your hands during shower then try finasteride oral or topical. If you aren't , no need to worry. It looks pretty good to me honestly.
Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply.
My barber hasn’t noticed. Just thought I could see extra scalp, but was under bathroom lights ect .

hair still seems good, density thickness good. Juts cautious due to family history

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
At 39 I was fine, mostly thick on top and nothing to really worry about. Getting into the 40's started to notice minor thinning in the crown. Then one day I suddenly realised the crown was balding bad and got progressively worse. Then the top started diffusing. It happened so quickly that I was in shock. Definitely not a gradual process.

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 39 I was fine, mostly thick on top and nothing to really worry about. Getting into the 40's started to notice minor thinning in the crown. Then one day I suddenly realised the crown was balding bad and got progressively worse. Then the top started diffusing. It happened so quickly that I was in shock. Definitely not a gradual process.
Question, what was your family history like with hair loss?
My dad and older brother bald, uncle (dads side) has hair, step brother (dads side) has hair, mothers side has hair
dad and brother lost hot in 20s

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah my dad and his dad both bald in their forties, mother hair was thinning and her dad had thinning hair and receding. Also both brothers are diffuse thinning bad. So pretty much no hope for me lol! It was just my time. Though I've grown it all back with finasteride and Rogaine these past two to three months. The crown is way better considering it went from bumfluff to lots of hair, though still thinner than rest of the head. I could have started when I had more hair in the crown and my results may have been even better now, though just didn't see the point at the time. Just keep an eye on it, take regular pics to see if there are any changes. Your hair looks pretty solid for now. It's possible you dodged the baldy gene ;)

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah by looking back as mentioned my dad and brother bald. My mothers side has pretty thick hair all round so as you mentioned it’s a matter of monitoring and if the genes kick in.

I usually gets blood tests done every 5 years in general to see if my body is lacking any thing, and they do a testosterone level check. 5 years ago I did it and they were within normal range. I’d recommend this to see what’s changing with the testosterone and therefor may give an idea of balding

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah my dad and his dad both bald in their forties, mother hair was thinning and her dad had thinning hair and receding. Also both brothers are diffuse thinning bad. So pretty much no hope for me lol! It was just my time. Though I've grown it all back with finasteride and Rogaine these past two to three months. The crown is way better considering it went from bumfluff to lots of hair, though still thinner than rest of the head. I could have started when I had more hair in the crown and my results may have been even better now, though just didn't see the point at the time. Just keep an eye on it, take regular pics to see if there are any changes. Your hair looks pretty solid for now. It's possible you dodged the baldy gene ;)
Ps great that you have grown it back!!!

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
At your age you're fine, don't even worry, in 10 years you'll be more or less the same.
Thanks for that! See what happens on the next ten years! Sometimes I feel it thins other times it doesn’t. Think I need to relax

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
Also keep an eye on how many hairs shed a day, so if you ruffle your hair over the bathroom sink is there alot falling out? I used to get quite a few hairs in the sink and shower doing this, though since going on finasteride I ruffle and get none.

Damma38

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also keep an eye on how many hairs shed a day, so if you ruffle your hair over the bathroom sink is there alot falling out? I used to get quite a few hairs in the sink and shower doing this, though since going on finasteride I ruffle and get none.
No shedding in the sink often. Perhaps a few hairs evey now and then, but 2-3