38 Years Old started about July 2012 and here is my progress so far.

jwallen

Reaction score
Here is my progress starting in 7/2012, this is the first picture I took:
vg6TZX0.jpg

This is a picture taken on 1/27/2013.

ABn4E7i.jpg

I am only taking Finasteride once per day and using Nizeral shampoo. I have not added in Rogain (yet). I'm glad I took the pictures because I really did not think it was working that well until I looked back at the older picture!
I'm 38, and I take a vitamin supplement once a day also but that has never done anything towards stopping my hair loss.

Obviously finasteride alone with the shampoo can work, although i suspect if I had also been applying Rogain to my scalp twice a day since July 2012 my results might have been better. I'm going to continue and add Rogain in soon and see what happens. I'll post an update in a few more months.

theagx

Banned
Reaction score
This is encouraging. PM me where you get your finasteride from as you can't mention it on the forum.

jwallen

Reaction score
Update November 2013

Here is my latest updated photo as of November 19th, 2013:

2GENFzi.jpg

After the last photo in January I had about 2-3 weeks left of my finasteride supply. I finished it, but due to financial reasons I couldn't order dutasteride for a few weeks...not sure exactly how much time passed, but I think it was almost 2 months. So I restarted sometime in March/April with dutasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral (I added in minoxidil and changed to dutasteride). The photo doesn't show it, but I have a lot of short colorless hairs growing into the bald spot. Not sure if that is a good thing, but I definitely have more hair than I did.