3700 Fue Transplant + Prp Progress With Pictures

mrdisaster24

Reaction score
hi everyone,

First time poster but avid reader of the forums. Thought it was finally time to post some of my progress on here and see what everyone thought...

I'm 28 years old and I had a FUE transplant on May 29, 2016 along with a PRP treatment. I did not receive any treatment on my crown. Currently I'm using Foltene 3x a week and rogaine foam 2x (been on it about a month). I'm also taking biotin (1x a day)

These first images are from June, so a little less than a month after the procedure.
IMG_2878.JPG
IMG_2881.JPG

The next set of images are from August. So these are about 3 months after the procedure.
IMG_2886.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG

Finally, these are from today (October). So a little less than 5 months from the procedure. I did have a second PRP session late September.
IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_2887.JPG

So what do you guys think, yes, no, maybe??

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not super impressive but it's very early days so don't worry.
What density was the hair planted at?

mrdisaster24

Reaction score
So they were packed closer in front to establish the hairline which wasn't all that great.

I am hoping that it gets at least somewhat and I get some more fullness/thickness on top. I know it's early but does this still have potential?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea. If the hairline is around 50FU and you got a good survival rate then it should look good. If they went for lower density at the hairline then it might not look very thick. Density is crucial, as is survival rate. Graft placement is too. Best to ask your surgeon about the density he planted the grafts at, that'll give you a good idea

mrdisaster24

Reaction score
No idea. If the hairline is around 50FU and you got a good survival rate then it should look good. If they went for lower density at the hairline then it might not look very thick. Density is crucial, as is survival rate. Graft placement is too. Best to ask your surgeon about the density he planted the grafts at, that'll give you a good idea

I'll check with him and see what he says. Based on what I've seen on threads around here and my doctor.. I should start seeing much more growth, if any (fingers crossed), in months 6 onward.

dr. cole

Reaction score
The initial density was not super high, but that's not a bad thing because many think a really high density can lead to poor growth. I think taht 45-50/cm2 is fine, but i think you were closer to 30/cm2. You should be in the 50 to 60% range for growth right now so there is more to come. you can always add more density later.

the only thing I've seen to date that accelerates graft growth is sonicated PRP. I do this, but I have not proven that results early on will be in the 80% range at 3 and 1/2 months. We are still evaluating and studying this.

I'd say you are right on target. Hang in there. More should be on the way. Congrats.

mrdisaster24

Reaction score
The initial density was not super high, but that's not a bad thing because many think a really high density can lead to poor growth. I think taht 45-50/cm2 is fine, but i think you were closer to 30/cm2. You should be in the 50 to 60% range for growth right now so there is more to come. you can always add more density later.

the only thing I've seen to date that accelerates graft growth is sonicated PRP. I do this, but I have not proven that results early on will be in the 80% range at 3 and 1/2 months. We are still evaluating and studying this.

I'd say you are right on target. Hang in there. More should be on the way. Congrats.

Thanks for the input. Isn't it early to have 50-60% growth in less than 5 months? I won't actually hit 5 months until October 29th. I can see potential small hairs piping up in some of the areas that have gaps so t looks promising. The waiting is always the hardest, but like you said I could always go back for more density.

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Isn't it early to have 50-60% growth in less than 5 months? I won't actually hit 5 months until October 29th. I can see potential small hairs piping up in some of the areas that have gaps so t looks promising. The waiting is always the hardest, but like you said I could always go back for more density.

Hi buddy,

Congrats on the progress, albeit it may not be what you were hoping for.

I'm considering FUE and PRP. Can you please tell me how many PRP injections you had and when you had them in relation to the FUE?

I've been told the injections would be one before surgery and I think one during, then two more but I'm not sure when.

To be honest I was hoping for more growth by 5 months than what you've experienced, but it may be different for everyone.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi buddy,

Congrats on the progress, albeit it may not be what you were hoping for.

I'm considering FUE and PRP. Can you please tell me how many PRP injections you had and when you had them in relation to the FUE?

I've been told the injections would be one before surgery and I think one during, then two more but I'm not sure when.

To be honest I was hoping for more growth by 5 months than what you've experienced, but it may be different for everyone.
Why are you bumping a 2 year old thread from an OP who hasn't visited the site in even longer