3500 Graft Fue Turkey - My Progress So Far

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can 100% confirm this. I'm about 3.5 months post op and my gf pulled scab that had two small hairs that were stunted. When the scab was removed, there were two tiny hairs peeking through.

Thanks for confirming, glad to hear that.

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whilst I agree yours doesn't look great, I wanted to show my donor area 10 weeks post surgery with the same surgeon....

Full flash, hair shaved to 1mm a couple of days ago.

3,800 grafts taken

View attachment 140181

Doesn’t look bad at all. And I guess this is what frustrates me as dr acar and his team are capable of producing a good job. But there is also a high chance that you will walk away with a bad job like mine. It’s completely dependant on which technicians are assigned to your surgery. There’s a 50/50 chance you will get someone inexperienced like in my case. You got assigned good technicians and have come away with a good job

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can 100% confirm this. I'm about 3.5 months post op and my gf pulled scab that had two small hairs that were stunted. When the scab was removed, there were two tiny hairs peeking through.

Ok this is interesting. I might give this a go and see what happens. Thanks

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a friend who is planning on booking a procedure with Cosmedica very soon.

Would you be able to advise me of the name of the techs or lead tech that was involved in your procedure ? I know that in the past Cosmedica have given their patients a sheet with details of their procedure on it, detailing such info and more.

Also, how is yours looking now ? Has it recovered much ?

Please do keep the thread updated up to the 12 month mark to continue helping others.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I’d update this thread as it’s been a while. It’s now over 12 months since surgery. Donor is still over harvested, I’ve resulted in an SMP session, but also decided that’s not the long term solution I want. I’m planning on heading to Brussels in the new year for a donor repair job using beard and chest grafts.

Recpitent area has grown through fine. Could have more density and there are a few double grafts in the hairline, but the donor is really the issue, which cosmedica are in complete denial about.

Attachments

• C2B06DEA-4889-47F0-BD75-BA2C22C6CA7B.jpeg
    C2B06DEA-4889-47F0-BD75-BA2C22C6CA7B.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 846
  • 50BCCEEF-A46A-43D1-A0FB-07468064B19A.jpeg
    50BCCEEF-A46A-43D1-A0FB-07468064B19A.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 848
  • 840D017D-7B7E-40E2-AE7F-7484339270DF.jpeg
    840D017D-7B7E-40E2-AE7F-7484339270DF.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 849

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I’d update this thread as it’s been a while. It’s now over 12 months since surgery. Donor is still over harvested, I’ve resulted in an SMP session, but also decided that’s not the long term solution I want. I’m planning on heading to Brussels in the new year for a donor repair job using beard and chest grafts.

Recpitent area has grown through fine. Could have more density and there are a few double grafts in the hairline, but the donor is really the issue, which cosmedica are in complete denial about.
Could look better if you shaved the sides and back shorter. Not sure if you’d like that hairstyle though. And personally I would go for the smp and use the beard/chest grafts for improving density on top.

Do you use any finasteride/dutasteride btw?

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve pretty much tried every length. It looks awful at shorter lengths. I’ve attached some pics with shorter and longer hair. My best defence does seem to be longer hair.

My thinking is the other way around. Add some grafts to the area, then further SMP sessions to add density should I require it.

Will add further pics once I’ve had the donor repair done

Attachments

• 23EF6923-D021-4E4C-8900-68451C52CB8E.jpeg
    23EF6923-D021-4E4C-8900-68451C52CB8E.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 658
  • 2AA4B1C9-1B2C-4635-9A2A-2A7FC10CE06A.jpeg
    2AA4B1C9-1B2C-4635-9A2A-2A7FC10CE06A.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 587
  • D692B7A2-94E7-4B43-85C2-210D13B4D1E1.jpeg
    D692B7A2-94E7-4B43-85C2-210D13B4D1E1.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 617
  • 2AC4050E-5BBB-46C3-A07A-6543251E7CB1.jpeg
    2AC4050E-5BBB-46C3-A07A-6543251E7CB1.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 634
  • C5C09316-8A35-4113-AEF5-8A1C3095FA46.jpeg
    C5C09316-8A35-4113-AEF5-8A1C3095FA46.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 668
  • 36A69F73-7A84-4746-80CF-E25BEAFE7C03.jpeg
    36A69F73-7A84-4746-80CF-E25BEAFE7C03.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 661

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, I’ve pretty much tried every length. It looks awful at shorter lengths. I’ve attached some pics with shorter and longer hair. My best defence does seem to be longer hair.

My thinking is the other way around. Add some grafts to the area, then further SMP sessions to add density should I require it.

Will add further pics once I’ve had the donor repair done

I mean longer hair on top and shorter hair on the sides. A fade or an undercut if you prefer. It’s just that IMO, worse hair on the back or sides is less of a priority than worse hair on top. Like I would save some grafts for your crown to get better coverage there. And then do an smp session for your entire head, which will add density everywhere

smash2k

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

im also planning to get it done at cosmedica in January in case covid-19 wont cause any issues.
Can you also share pictures of your hairline?

Did you it in two sessions or a single session?

smash2k

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent even paid deposit. Just booked a flight for 100 €.... i am really thinking to cancel the whole thing. Im really wondering why the hairline is so bad even though Dr. Acar made the slits... It seems you wasted a lot of grafts for the crown then :( I think i should consider another clinic. My hair situation is very similar to yours.

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with clinics like this is the technicians. Although dr acar makes the slits, he does not place the grafts. So the technicians decide which grafts go where and how they are placed. In fact dr acar probably only spends 1 hour with you while the technicians do the other 6+ hours.

I know it’s a difficult decision for you, but all you would be losing is 100€. I spent 3500 on surgery + flights, 800 for 2 SMP sessions and I am still unhappy so am planning a repair surgery with Bhr next year which will cost over 6,000 So saving 100 now maybe doesn’t sound like such a bad decision!

good luck with whatever you decide!

smash2k

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest feedback, I was talking to the representative in Germany and he assured that within the VIP package they will assign the most experienced technicans to your job, but I dont trust him. This would mean that others will get a worse experience.

I think I will go with HLC or Dr. Sahinoglu or Dr. Demirsoy.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with clinics like this is the technicians. Although dr acar makes the slits, he does not place the grafts. So the technicians decide which grafts go where and how they are placed. In fact dr acar probably only spends 1 hour with you while the technicians do the other 6+ hours.

I know it’s a difficult decision for you, but all you would be losing is 100€. I spent 3500 on surgery + flights, 800 for 2 SMP sessions and I am still unhappy so am planning a repair surgery with Bhr next year which will cost over 6,000 So saving 100 now maybe doesn’t sound like such a bad decision!

good luck with whatever you decide!
Cosmedica is a hair mill like a lot of places.. you need to find a clinic that does 1-2 clients max per day.

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the honest feedback, I was talking to the representative in Germany and he assured that within the VIP package they will assign the most experienced technicans to your job, but I dont trust him. This would mean that others will get a worse experience.

I think I will go with HLC or Dr. Sahinoglu or Dr. Demirsoy.
I wish I had chosen HLC from the beginning :(

smash2k

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have decided for Dr. Kaan Pekiner in Feb, he is a former HLC surgent who is now having his own clinic and only 1 person per day. He is performing stick and place and maximum 1k5 grafts per day. It is more expensive, however i think its worth it.

Conrab19

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean longer hair on top and shorter hair on the sides. A fade or an undercut if you prefer. It’s just that IMO, worse hair on the back or sides is less of a priority than worse hair on top. Like I would save some grafts for your crown to get better coverage there. And then do an smp session for your entire head, which will add density everywhere
I agree

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, where did you travel from ? and smash2k where are you traveling from and where did you end up going
?

MR sinister

My Regimen
Reaction score
So as you know, I was nervous about overharvesting, my donor area was so red, and there were gaps on that area I though I lost my hairs completely. But when I texted the clinic about my complaint, to be honest I was so angry, but I must say they were very into my problem, got a quick text that simply says when can we call you? So I said Yeah you can call me in the afternoon then I am available. Most of the communications went from phonecall, they were helpful.
They wanted new pics and videos to evaluate my donor area and try to understand what is wrong and how they can help me. The interest made me feel much comfortable but still I wasn't happy about the result. So even it is rarely they said that healing process of donor area might be so late for some people at first, I thought they were in denial and I think that I might have been a little too rushy. They gave me haircare treatment package for no cost and they wanted to see the process over a year so like they said I send them pics every month as they wish.

So eventually the clinic gave me emotional support and was to be honest always there for me. And by the way, I was happy about the hairline.
Now donor area is looking so much better, as time passed, my donor area seems to look more healthy, so being patient is very important. The transplanted area is very dense and natural, and overall I am happy with the result now.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_6309.png
    thumbnail_IMG_6309.png
    342.2 KB · Views: 410