34yr Old. What Type Of Hairline Do I Have?

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always had an m shaped hairline since my teenage years. My hair line has not changed much in past 10 years. My father was half bald at my age but theres better hair on my mothers side.

Only real change is my temple points which were always small have thinned over the last decade.

Have been reading about hairlines recently and i think mine is unusual.

The centre 3 inches follows my upper forehead wrinkle(between red dots) i believe this is the juvenile position?

The corners are receded and have been this way a long time. Also the hair in the centre 3 inches is thicker that the rest of my hairline, im wondering if i have a persistent forelock?

Also wondering if my hair was to recede further could i keep this low patch in the centre for all time?

Ive attached a picture of my hair slightly damp and styled back. I normally have it forward.

What do you make of my hair line? (Been this way a long time and currently monitoring for any change. Not on any treatment)

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20200117_233033.jpg
    20200117_233033.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 382

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Need photos showing the side of youir head and crown.

Heres the left side a while ago wet and combed back. My left temple point is there its just thin and you cant see it in the photo. I dont have any crown ones. Not denying my hair is receded. Top wrinkle is marked.

Attachments

• 20200118_000354.jpg
    20200118_000354.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 384

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks great for mid 30’s. Maybe NW1 but just hardly. Do you have any other photos.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I dont think im nw1 because i have receded in tje corners. Does anyone know what it means when hair follows the top wrinkle which is quite low on my forehead. I see most other peoples sit higher than this? Thanks

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say its time to take finasteride. Your scrunching your head if you didn't do that your recession would be alot worse. It looks like your forming the island. But at 34 you'll probably respond well and thicken some hair back up. Or don't best of luck either way.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya and stop raising your eyebrows like that or you’ll have a forehead like a ball bag!

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yeah only reason i furrowed my brow was i read this marks where the hairline was as a child?

Im not pulling the trigger on anything just yet because i cant see any change in the last 4 years, if i do i will weigh up the options.

My hairline has only moved a few mm back in the past 15 years its not something recent. I can remember seeing 50 hairs in the sink when i was 20 and being in a huge panic but im still here with the same hair.

That said i do kinda expect more loss, surprised it hasnt happened yet tbh