34 Year Old With Male Pattern Baldness - Need Advice

scamit2000

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A quick history...I noticed my hair thinning 3 years ago, as my hair stylist mentioned it, but really didn't do much about it since you really could not tell unless you looked for it. Last year, it got to a point where you can clearly see scalp under some lighting conditions and I went to see a dermatologist regarding the condition. The doctor diagnosed me a diffused thinner and told me to try Rogaine and if I wanted, also gave me a prescription to Propecia. I did not get the propecia prescription filled, due to being terrified of side effects, but I did get romaine and tried it for 2-3 months. I know that you need to wait until 6 months to notice any different at all with Rogaine, but I was just lazy and stopped.

As of today, you can see the pictures attached below, my hair is thinning in the middle. Its an odd pattern, since my if I put my hair up, my hairline is fine, but thinning on the top, in the middle, like a runway lol. One picture is in the morning with natural light, the other is in the evening with room lighting.

Anyone have this pattern of hair loss? If so, did Romaine help? From what I read, people with diffused thinning and hair already on top, romaine should help fill in the gaps.

One other thing is, last year, my thinning was worse, the runway was wider, as i had stomach issues and was on a heavy dose of PPI, and when I did my semi annual blood test, my ferritin level was 11, which is iron stores and my doctor put me on iron pills. Since then, my ferritin has been around 65 now and I have noticed the thinning is not as wide as it was. Maybe a coincidence, I don't know, but family doctor thinks the ferritin helped.

Any comments are appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0385.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_0385.HEIC.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0382.HEIC.jpg
    IMG_0382.HEIC.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 318

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
actually i believe that you gave up on rogaine way earlier, was it working for you? yes rogaone should be working for diffusers?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride or shave it