33 years old Norwood 4 / 5 what are my options?

chipper82

Reaction score
Hi I've just joined as I'm considering going for a hair system but just wondered if the big 3 are worth trying at this stage, I started losing my hair at around 20 years old, decided to take it down to a grade 1 at 28 but I really would like hair again!

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The best option is to use Propecia or generic finasteride and have a hair transplant. 4000 grafts could do wonders. The big three alone can give you maybe 15% more hair but you won't have total coverage again unless it is a miracle.

You should probably have a hormone panel done to see how your levels are before starting finasteride.

You can have a free evaluation done at hair loss clinics to see costs and how they think your donor area is. Your hair does seem thin, maybe others have opinions on that.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I would give treatments a shot and see if you can recover some of your hair. You never know what will/can happen unless you try.

chipper82

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm just not sure I want to be on drugs with potential side effects for the rest of my life for a 15% improvement, how do I get these treatments in the uk?

DrDog

Reaction score
Get 1mg finasteride at the very least. It's easy as ****, doesn't get in the way of your life at all, and improves your situation the most. You can also had minoxidil at night if you'd like. It will only help!

Also, from a straight guy, you're a good looking dude. I'd be stoked if I could buzz off what I got and rock that type of a beard.

Cheers.

chipper82

Reaction score
Cheers dude well I've just ordered 3 months worth of finasteride and minoxidil so will see how that goes, finasteride is pretty expensive in the uk and it's impossible to get proscar without a prescription

Reactions: Oro