33 And Finally Looking For Community

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have loads and if you're at that stage at your age you're unlikely to be really bald for a long time. Cheeer up

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are days when I definitely do, and I know in retrospect even though I did technically start relatively early, I’ve had lots of good hair days. I did also get on minoxidil as soon as I knew there was a generic brand (thanks Costco) and found a dermatologist as soon as I had one near me. I’ve also had runs with saw palmetto, micro needling and scalp massaging/hair tugging.
I think whatever you're doing is working. You have some recession but it doesn't look bad. I think you'd be mad to get a transplant. As per other posters try the derm-rolling minoxidil combo on the hairline.

longtimereader

Reaction score
So... it's been a few months. I've been seeking treatment for general anxiety for a little while now, but had kind of a moment yesterday where I couldn't make anything work well enough to leave the house. I get that I may have more hair than some, but and maybe a transplant is an expensive stab at a futile cause. If the case is that I should be happy with what I have, what would you do (hairstyles or efforts) with the coverage that I do have? Starting from square one...

Attachments

• IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1729.jpg
    IMG_1729.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 321

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah your hair looks fine. If anything just use toppik if you are worried about scalp showing... but honestly it’s normal for some scalp to show

longtimereader

Reaction score
Hope anyone and everyone out there is doing alright. Revisiting this old post. On the other side of 35 now and wondering if it might be time to start thinking about that anticipated transplant. Just find it hard to style and I only look worse with my head shaved.
Took a look at myself on a recent livestream for the band and felt a bald-dang fool. I feel it's the real life action that doesn't get caught on still camera that really messes me up.
Can anyone recommend a surgeon around the Washington DC area?
Still looking for hairstyles that might work. Also, had my dermatologist suggest doing PRP. . . Scam right?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 8.png
    8.png
    1 MB · Views: 197
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 201

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you look good, man. Not my place to judge but I can't believe you're thinking of transplant when your hair is looking this great. We're always our own worst critics.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think you look good, man. Not my place to judge but I can't believe you're thinking of transplant when your hair is looking this great. We're always our own worst critics.
I think his high forehead is triggering the idea. I could be wrong but I am in the same boat as OP.